Recommendations for good strap

daredevil123 said:
Not expensive if you look closely... the $99 USD price includes the strap, an acra-swiss (or manfrotto) base plate, and a hand strap, all made from full grain real leather.

You can also buy just the sling strap alone for $49 USD...

In fact, it is alot cheaper than the blackrapid and carry speed. Plus, you get real quality.

You can only buy it online. Shipping is flat rate $8 USD. And I receive my stuff from them usually within 7 days.

Wah DD is a main supporter..
Next time I dunno can ask you more info.

Thanks

Wah DD is a main supporter..
Next time I dunno can ask you more info.

Thanks

I support because I think their products are very very good and value for money.

Where else can you find a quality L plate for around $100, that fits RRS lever release to a tee... and straps with hardware designed for carrying rifles, and leather straps made from real top grain cow hide or real ostrich skin? Real value, real quality at affordable prices! not some hyped up product with dubious quality.

Good thing must share!

Last edited:
looked at the webSite. it say it use military grade, m.e.s.s. clip. looking further itw military website , its m.a.s.h. clips, however no mention of the Compliance to relevant MIL-Specs or MIL-Grade. so im a bit sceptical. nonetheless it does certaintly look better.

well, the mash clips they just sourced from ITW.. I am using them.. trust me, if they can hold a rifle, they can hold your camera, no problem.. they instill a lot more confidence than the carabinder from black rapid.

looked at the webSite. it say it use military grade, m.e.s.s. clip. looking further itw military website , its m.a.s.h. clips, however no mention of the Compliance to relevant MIL-Specs or MIL-Grade. so im a bit sceptical. nonetheless it does certaintly look better.

BTW, it seems ITW is one the larger manufacturers of MASH hook clips in the USA.

Last edited:
no mis understand me. what i meant, is that the product website only mention military grade, but fail to quote the compliance to the relevant mil-specs. and mil-specs.
oh camadptor website leads me to itw military website. but weird thing is in camadaptor websites, its mesh clip. itw military, can only find m.a.s.h. clip.

Last edited:
no mis understand me. what i meant, is that the product website only mention military grade, but fail to quote the compliance to the relevant mil-specs. and mil-specs.
oh camadptor website leads me to itw military website. but weird thing is in camadaptor websites, its mesh clip. itw military, can only find m.a.s.h. clip.

probably some typo.. Camdapter is a 1-2 person outfit... still doing things the old way... When I email or call, I get the guy actually making the stuff..

sorry to bring up this old thread.
just wish to express my gratitude to the new moderator mr daredevil123 sir.
i just receive the camdapter strap, and yes. it good stuff imho.
except it is not as 'light' as blackrapid strap.
cheers.

Hey guys,

Chanced upon this thread in my search for a solution to my strap problem. Have been using black rapid + RC2 connector and a manfrotto ballhead. However, now that i'm probably going to be changing to the sirui G20, I realize i can no longer mount the blackrapid strap....

Looks like this camdapter strap is a good viable solution for me, +theres an added bonus of having a handstrap too! However, just wondering how easy it is to detach the strap when I want to mount it onto the tripod? is it as simple as black rapid's unclasping of a carabiner, or does it involve more than that?

Hey guys,

Chanced upon this thread in my search for a solution to my strap problem. Have been using black rapid + RC2 connector and a manfrotto ballhead. However, now that i'm probably going to be changing to the sirui G20, I realize i can no longer mount the blackrapid strap....

Looks like this camdapter strap is a good viable solution for me, +theres an added bonus of having a handstrap too! However, just wondering how easy it is to detach the strap when I want to mount it onto the tripod? is it as simple as black rapid's unclasping of a carabiner, or does it involve more than that?

Don't need to detach, you can just mount it to the ball head.
You take a look @ the larger picture on Camdapter - The Shoulder Strap & you will understand. It is not blocking the plate for attachment.

I heard recently that Camdapter is now available in SGCamera Store.

28f9ba5a-3986-41d1-8a9e-b5040d8a46a7.jpg

I had this for 1 month and it was discarded as failed. NIce name and cheap but really if you want to use this fast I hate how the strap always gets in my way when I am vertically holding on my D300. Straps like this are always getting in the way especially those where you place it thru the camera's ringlets. But you bare with it like I did as there was not many other choices short of not using a strap at all. The best I had for conventional strap was my 12 plut year OPtech strap that was because it had a way for me to detach the main strap at both ends. Making it a little more tolerable. But then came the Black Rapid. Like another one here said, it seem showy but then you think about the normal strap and how you put that over your neck or side.. dangling your camera there.. showy meh?? Since using it for about 8 months now, no more neck ache. having it on the side is less obvious to all, I use a new camera that is bigger then my D300 and with my heavy zoom lens on long walkabout. The BEST part, when you take your camera up to shoot.. no bloody strap on the sides to get in your way all the time. ( my old one especially that pesky CRUMPLER which I personally feel is a real INTERNATIONAL DISGRACE always get between me and my viewfinder 8 out of 10 times unless I mindful hold it out of the way) If you find the Black Rapid ( sport version is what I got ) expensive, I think there are a few version out there that is cheaper. Give them a try... you will not look back. My two cents

I heard recently that Camdapter is now available in SGCamera Store.

Yeah you're right it is! Straps - The Camdapter SlingPro Strap - Sgcamerastore.com :: Professional Photography Accessories / Videography Equipments / Studio Lightings / Studio Kits / Studio Equipments - (Powered by CubeCart)

Thanks for the heads up :)

@GReddy: No what i mean is i'm moving to a Sirui G20 ballhead, on which I can no longer use my black rapid strap on. Just asking how the camdapter strap works as there arent many video reviews of it, or at least not that I can find.

Thanks for the help guys! Looks like I can get it locally now

Yeah you're right it is! Straps - The Camdapter SlingPro Strap - Sgcamerastore.com :: Professional Photography Accessories / Videography Equipments / Studio Lightings / Studio Kits / Studio Equipments - (Powered by CubeCart)

Thanks for the heads up :)

@GReddy: No what i mean is i'm moving to a Sirui G20 ballhead, on which I can no longer use my black rapid strap on. Just asking how the camdapter strap works as there arent many video reviews of it, or at least not that I can find.

Thanks for the help guys! Looks like I can get it locally now

U still can used your rapid strap but u need to detach it whenever u wanted to use your camera on tripod as the ball plate & the strap shared the same screw hole.

For this reason, u need a adapter for the camdapter strap :
Camdapter - The Adapter

So u can connect the strap on the end of the plate and in turn will not caused any obstruction when using your camera on tripod.

The build of the camdapter strap is good quality but it's heavy & not fast to react when shooting as it's can't sling ( doubt I connect wrongly ) unlike the black rapid strap.

:)

Wah, the Camdapter camera strap so expensive!

IluvDYL said:

Classic. You are willing to spend thousands on your camera but balk at the price of a carrying system that helps ease the weight of a camera of your neck/hands?

Wait till you see the price of Black rapids.

It is not expensive if you factor in the fact you get the sling strap, the hand strap, and acraswiss style base plate all for the price of a basic Black Rapid strap.