Recommendations for good strap

The Nikon Straps that came with my D3S are very good... I use them all the time. ( I'm uncertain if this is the same as the D700 grade ?? )

Anyways I like the Thinktank Straps also - very strong and stay on the shoulder.

Ohh, I not very sure too whether the D700 strap is as strong too. Prefer sling to neck strap cos less straining. Will check out the few brands mentioned, thanks!

Thanks everyone for the advice and suggestions, really appreciate it a lot. Will check out the brands mentioned this weekend or something and get a suitable one. Have a great weekend ahead! Cheers. :)

...Time to invest some money on Dumbbell... :D

Last edited:
The Nikon strap is pretty durable, I'm sure it can hold the weight no problem. The one that will suffer is your neck. You can try out black rapid/ sun sniper if you prefer a sling strap. Or if you prefer neck strap that you can look at optech and crumpler.

we photographer dont put strap around our neck, we are not tourist. LOL just kidding. but around-your-neck really got that tourist feel.

Black rapid is good. but the only problem is that after a long time of use, like 2 years, the paint of the corner of your camera body will be off since it always contact with your pans when hanging.

Our shoulders have much more muscle power than our neck. So it's better to get a shoulder strap to reduce the pain and travel at longer distances without the need for stopping

Sling strap can try Q strap or capa neoprene strap. SGCameraStore having sales. $20~$30 range. Value for $. It's a black rapid clone.
I use it with my D7000 + 18-105 lens + grip + SB-700, no problem holding the weight n moving around the whole day.

Last edited:
jackzhangxiao said:
we photographer dont put strap around our neck, we are not tourist. LOL just kidding. but around-your-neck really got that tourist feel.

Black rapid is good. but the only problem is that after a long time of use, like 2 years, the paint of the corner of your camera body will be off since it always contact with your pans when hanging.

Carryspeed will not have such issue as no parts will rub against the body. There is also acra swiss mounting plate sold separately that allow to fix directly to the tripod without taking out the strap. Quite convenient.

Another option is the Spider Hostler. Clip on your belt

I'm using the black rapid system with arca compatible sirui plates. Works well.

28f9ba5a-3986-41d1-8a9e-b5040d8a46a7.jpg

Sling strap can try Q strap or capa neoprene strap. SGCameraStore having sales. $20~$30 range. Value for $. It's a black rapid clone.
I use it with my D7000 + 18-105 lens + grip + SB-700, no problem holding the weight n moving around the whole day.

That's sounds quite good too, will check the two brands out then, thanks!

Cathay Photo at Peninsula Plaza, this camera shop at level 6 Sim Lim Square, Alan Photo at Sim Lim Square...

Thanks for the different locations I can search for, will go check the stores out

I'm using the black rapid system with arca compatible sirui plates. Works well.

Thanks for your feedback, heard a lot people's positive comments on the black rapid too, shall check them out at stores

Thanks for your feedback, heard a lot people's positive comments on the black rapid too, shall check them out at stores

Take note that black rapid is not cheap hor....