Recommendation of wide-angle zoom lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
She "tan chiak" so got money to blow lor... do one or two assignment can go Ebay buy a CZ lens 2nd hand... people like us eat grass many days then can buy a SONY lens lor...

Just like my friend who is also a pro went to buy 10K worth of gear just for a phototrip to Africa! :bigeyes:

$10K?!?! Piangz... can he earn back the money with that assignment?! Phoo.... $10k... can buy car already... put downpayment...

She "tan chiak" so got money to blow lor... do one or two assignment can go Ebay buy a CZ lens 2nd hand... people like us eat grass many days then can buy a SONY lens lor...

Hiyo, I don't "tan chiak" full time leh, only freelance once in a while. Which is why it doesn't justify for me to spend $1k for a lens which I don't use that often.

I'm asking these questions not cos I wanna buy (would love to if I have the mooney!), but more of compiling some of the good recommended Sony equipment into a guide book for reference. ;)

Hiyo, I don't "tan chiak" full time leh, only freelance once in a while. Which is why it doesn't justify for me to spend $1k for a lens which I don't use that often.

I'm asking these questions not cos I wanna buy (would love to if I have the mooney!), but more of compiling some of the good recommended Sony equipment into a guide book for reference. ;)

Sell enough copies and then buy the lens lor!!!;p

Haha...thanks man! When I finish writing my book, I will let you know, and you must come and support! Or help me to sell...I give u commission, then u can also buy your CZ lenses! ;)

what book?

get the minolta 17-35..good price and good lens...or get Cow dung 16-35 at high price plus good lens.:bsmilie:

what book?

get the minolta 17-35..good price and good lens...or get Cow dung 16-35 at high price plus good lens.:bsmilie:

Thanks. I notice that the range of 17-35 might not be good enough for a small sensor DSLR, esp when we are shooting in confined spaces. For FF, it's definitely not a problem. Maybe the 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 is worth considering.

I'm trying to put together an e-book that would serve as a good reference for myself and also newbies starting out, hence compiling good resources to get started.

Thanks. I notice that the range of 17-35 might not be good enough for a small sensor DSLR, esp when we are shooting in confined spaces. For FF, it's definitely not a problem. Maybe the 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 is worth considering.

I'm trying to put together an e-book that would serve as a good reference for myself and also newbies starting out, hence compiling good resources to get started.

11-18mm is not very ideal because of the distortion... it's quite obcvious... it's almost like a rectilinear type lens already...

Think it's probably time for me to upgrade to a FF body then ;p

Yes, I would think so if ultra-wide angle is important to you... you could wait another 6 months, I think you'll find 2nd hand A850s on the market...

Status
Not open for further replies.