Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
Hi,

i m using 3 sets of 4 batts each
4 x sony 2300
4 x sony 2300
4 x snayo 2300

and i use a NEXcell Smart 2Amp Charger

Everytime i charge my batts, i discharge first then let it auto charge up. BUT it seems the lifespan of my batts are not consistent. sometimes after a few shots(using A80) the low batt sign comes out. but sometimes i can shoot for a whole event! i mean i m comparing at the same event lah.

And this happens randomly(meaning all the sets have this problem before)

and when i recharge the batts after the shoot, some take much longer than the others to discharge.

Is this Normal?
or that my charger is faulty?
and i have to splash another $50 on a sanyo one?! :(
cos this NEXcell one was recommended by the EastGear guy(dunno who though)

pls share ur experiences with rechargeables, thanx!

wainism said:
Hi,

i m using 3 sets of 4 batts each
4 x sony 2300
4 x sony 2300
4 x snayo 2300

and i use a NEXcell Smart 2Amp Charger

Everytime i charge my batts, i discharge first then let it auto charge up. BUT it seems the lifespan of my batts are not consistent. sometimes after a few shots(using A80) the low batt sign comes out. but sometimes i can shoot for a whole event! i mean i m comparing at the same event lah.

And this happens randomly(meaning all the sets have this problem before)

and when i recharge the batts after the shoot, some take much longer than the others to discharge.

Is this Normal?
or that my charger is faulty?
and i have to splash another $50 on a sanyo one?! :(
cos this NEXcell one was recommended by the EastGear guy(dunno who though)

pls share ur experiences with rechargeables, thanx!

Have u use ur batts and charger for quite some time liao?...It seem to be the charger prob....all 3 sets of batts spoil at same time is quite a small possibility..
but b4 u hastily go buy a new charger, u might wan to try using ur batts in some other devices (eg. CD player) and see whether u will have the same prob.....it may be becoz of the cam as well....

Hope it help... :)

scramblur11 said:
Have u use ur batts and charger for quite some time liao?...It seem to be the charger prob....all 3 sets of batts spoil at same time is quite a small possibility..
but b4 u hastily go buy a new charger, u might wan to try using ur batts in some other devices (eg. CD player) and see whether u will have the same prob.....it may be becoz of the cam as well....

erm,i shot without my lcd screen through out.
i charge some other sets of batts(sanyo 2300 and sony 2300) for my logitech keyboard and mouse. sometimes also need to change after a short time, sometimes seem ok!

any ideas?

scramblur11 said:

erm,i shot without my lcd screen through out.
and my charger and batts were bought in JUNE 2004. so not that long right?

i charge some other sets of batts(sanyo 2300 and sony 2300) for my logitech keyboard and mouse. sometimes also need to change after a short time, sometimes seem ok!

any ideas?

Your charger can charge up to 2000mah per hour? Maybe it charges too fast the batery cannot take it gone case.

Yupz the IT guy may be rite....u got to check ur charger whether it is timer based charger anot....if it is timer based, it can onli charge certain capacity of batts onli.......means tat if it is meant for 2000mAh....u put 2300Mah batts in it, it wont charge fully one....

Status
Not open for further replies.