Re-supply of A65/77. When?

Just bought my A77 kit from South Asia Computer at Funan.. $2499 with bag, 16gb pro duo, stenheizer filter, screen protector.. Nearly bought from Sony store at $2699... Heng ah...

1. Steinzeiser sucks. ;)
2. Which 16GB? There an old one and the 50MB/s one.
3. did they give you the 16-50 f/2.8 or the 18-55?

Rashkae said:
1. Steinzeiser sucks. ;)
2. Which 16GB? There an old one and the 50MB/s one.
3. did they give you the 16-50 f/2.8 or the 18-55?

Lol... Just want something to protect the lens ...not sure about e card though.. It's 16-50 mm lens..

I just brought from PariSilk in Holland Village 2 days ago, at 2406 with 16-50 + 16 gb (class 4) card + sony bag. Must pay in cash.

Considering the A77 for a while.
With my current lens Sony 18-250mm and Minolta 50mm 1.7, is it worth to pay extra $800 to get the kit lens, 16-50 f2.8?
Besides this lens being weatherproof, anything special ? How is the quality, since it is called the kit lens.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Considering the A77 for a while.
With my current lens Sony 18-250mm and Minolta 50mm 1.7, is it worth to pay extra $800 to get the kit lens, 16-50 f2.8?
Besides this lens being weatherproof, anything special ? How is the quality, since it is called the kit lens.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

it's not just a kit lens. it's a PREMIUM kit lens.

other than the build quality, it apparently uses G-lens coating (according to reviews) and has the Supersonic Wave Motor that's quick and silent. something that's usually not found on lenses built for APS-C bodies.

other than the build quality, it apparently uses G-lens coating (according to reviews) and has the Supersonic Wave Motor that's quick and silent. something that's usually not found on lenses built for APS-C bodies.

Oh I see.....thats explains the high price. Thanks for info.
I guess it boils down to personal choice if I need it.
My 18-250 just do not produce pics with good colors.
Man, decisions decisions......

Oh I see.....thats explains the high price. Thanks for info.
I guess it boils down to personal choice if I need it.
My 18-250 just do not produce pics with good colors.
Man, decisions decisions......

you definitely need it

you definitely want it.

and you definitely will buy it once you try it :bsmilie:

kei1309 said:

Yes this is a good lens. Fp 2.8 different from the usual kit lens

Any good filter to recommend to go with the lens?

And any difference to the various card formats?
MS Color is giving the memory stick.

Any good filter to recommend to go with the lens?

And any difference to the various card formats?
MS Color is giving the memory stick.

memory card is faster than Sony's SD Card.

but u might want to look at the Extreme SD Cards

lee filters . goes with any lens.

that's a little pricey.

and to be clearer, it depends on what TS wants. to protect the lens you just need a UV filter. but for other purposes like long exposures, TS can get the Lee Square Filter system. but that's like an investment of upwards of $400

@TS if you're looking to protect the lens, a good UV filter would be Hoya or B+W. light transmission is better.

oh yea. sorry for the mistake this morning. it should be "Sony's Memory Stick is faster than their SD Cards. but Sandisk Extreme SD cards are better"

Last edited:
that's a little pricey.

and to be clearer, it depends on what TS wants. to protect the lens you just need a UV filter. but for other purposes like long exposures, TS can get the Lee Square Filter system. but that's like an investment of upwards of $400

@TS if you're looking to protect the lens, a good UV filter would be Hoya or B+W. light transmission is better.

oh yea. sorry for the mistake this morning. it should be "Sony's Memory Stick is faster than their SD Cards. but Sandisk Extreme SD cards are better"

Thanks for the clarification for the memory cards, kinda of confused for a moment.

Yes, I need a filter for lens protection. Will check out brands mentioned.

Thanks to all for info. Now to play with my toy, and lastly, YES, the 16-50mm is def a big thumbs-up.

Have a good 1st May holiday!

My friend selling A77 for

$2399 cash
Foc
16gb highspeed card
Herringbone bag
Original battery

Hope this can help anyone who is buying :)
Btw he is off every Monday

That's a bit higher than the usual prices. ;)

Last edited: