Re: diff between G1 and G2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pterodactylim

Apr 14, 2002
serangoon gdn
Visit site
hi all,

i have a G1, i was wondering what are the significant diff between G1 and G2. is it worth my upgrading? and how much cash would i need to top up? thks for your expert advice.

Originally posted by pterodactylim
hi all,

i have a G1, i was wondering what are the significant diff between G1 and G2. is it worth my upgrading? and how much cash would i need to top up? thks for your expert advice.

Difference not many. My opinion, don't upgrade yet. Save your money and maybe get a D-SLR later? :devil:

but the upgrade is about 1600 bucks right? considering that my G1 is worth about ummm, 750 bucks?

thks for your time and advice.

If you don't know the diff between them, why are u considering an upgrade? :)
I only remember :
1) G2 is 4MP, G1 is 3MP
2) G2 has 3 selectable(?) focus points
3) G2 has slightly better grip

My opinion is same as Goondu's. Not worth the upgrade.

..NuTs..

hi all,

the reason i am asking, is cuz' i don't know and if there is a big diff then i upgrade-lah.

if i knew the diff, i would not be asking right?

what's wrong with you?

i appreciate your taking time off to type the keyboard but not run me down for no reason! and if you were not happy with the way i phrase my question, you should not have replied. i would have had a better day.

the reason i am asking, is cuz' i don't know and if there is a big diff then i upgrade-lah.

if i knew the diff, i would not be asking right?

what's wrong with you?

i appreciate your taking time off to type the keyboard but not run me down for no reason! and if you were not happy with the way i phrase my question, you should not have replied. i would have had a better day.

For more detailed comparison, refer to Dpreview for the information.

Btw, he is not running you down. See the :) at the end of his first sentence?

Afterall, he is here to help fellow Clubsnappers. ;)

Originally posted by Goondu

Hi

To all G1/G2 users. Is the image taken at 1500 X 2200 and max resolution blur when view on a 1024X768 screen? Mine is always a bit blur. However pic taken at 1024 X 768 are very sharp. Another issue is the magenta hue in high contrast shots are they normal? Other cameras has this problems too?

Originally posted by Goondu

it is his opening statement that i have issue with. if i knew the diff,

1) i would not be asking...
2) then i would know whether to upgrade or as u guys suggest, go the full-monty.

that's all i am saying. pls do not misunderstand that i do not appreciate the help you are providing to ppl that do not know much about cameras. i really do but.....ahh, thks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.