RawShooter Vs Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilmerlin

Jul 26, 2002
Woodlands
Ver 1.1 of RawShooter has been released and it seems to be working on AMD systems now. Downloaded it and pulled open an old raw file of mine and converted them with a -0.5EV adjustment and upping the saturation slightly(13 on slider) on the RawShooter file to get the colour right.

My conclusion? Get RawShooter guys, its free(for now...) and it pulls out heck of an alot of details.

100% crops

RawShooter
sPC220208RS2.jpg

Studio
sPC220208.jpg

The interesting thing is that if you decrease the saturation in Studio, you can get the details to appear but you lose the punchy colours. In RawShooter, you can pump up the saturation to get the punchy colours and still get the details.

Evilmerlin said:
The interesting thing is that if you decrease the saturation in Studio, you can get the details to appear but you lose the punchy colours. In RawShooter, you can pump up the saturation to get the punchy colours and still get the details.

hmmmm, thats interesting. will try if when i have the time.
:D

i noticed the background looks better on Studio, that brown stripe with blue at the bottom. since its 100% crop, can request a post of the full pic to see if the overall image looks better on RawShooter? thx for posting. :)

(ps. saw your post in dpreview too. :) )

Evilmerlin said:
Ver 1.1 of RawShooter has been released and it seems to be working on AMD systems now. Downloaded it and pulled open an old raw file of mine and converted them with a -0.5EV adjustment and upping the saturation slightly(13 on slider) on the RawShooter file to get the colour right.

My conclusion? Get RawShooter guys, its free(for now...) and it pulls out heck of an alot of details.

Use the auto tone correction in studio and see if it helps to bring out the details

RawShooter
PC220208RS2_resize.jpg

Studio
PC220208_resize.jpg

The Studio image looks punchier(if there is such a word...). Tried out the auto tone correction, no effect on details resolved.

thx evilmerlin!! :)

looks like the Studio still looks better on the whole image. i guess the RawShooter is good for crops & macros. Its really amazing how much detail is lost due to proccessing. this converter really shows its strength in the resolving dept. btw, did u use high speed or high function in Studio? my experience is that high function can extract a whole lot more details than hi speed. :)

edited:
the fine hair on the stem (100% crop) looks better on Studio. i reckon the RawShooter is playing with colour gamut & saturation to bring out more details in those saturated areas before clipping. so maybe not truely more detail on the overall image. u think?

Evilmerlin said:

100% crops

RawShooter
sPC220208RS2.jpg

Studio
sPC220208.jpg

Did you adjust any contrast on Rawshooter? I've been using C1 for some time, and since Rawshooter came along (and free for now), I've also downloaded it but have yet to try.

Yup, increased the saturation(13 on the slider) of the RawShooter file.

The resulting jpeg file converted by RawShooter is also slightly larger (2,503x3,343) than that (2,448x3,264) produced by Studio from the same RAW file. Can clearly see that from your first 2 pics. ;)

knoxknocks said:
but not the highlight and shadow contrast rite? Sorry to be cheong hei...just curious.

Nope, just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.