Questions on Digi-Cabi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I monitor my 1-week old 60L Digicabi...keep dropping to 29. panic siah..
tune to 8 o'clock, green light gone....:sweat:

take all the eqpt out again...:cry:

try again...worse than monitoring market share :eek:

Hi, I've noticed that my 30L Digicabi is on 22! Will this cause a problem to my camera inside? Its been in there for a few days now! I'm breaking in cold sweat!! Can anybody help?:eek:

Well, to avoid being too technical, this is what I will comment:

If you place your dry cabinet near the air con, your dry cabinet is going to work harder to keep the contents dry. This is because when the dry cabinet is near the air con, it is going to be colder than normal. Below is a rough relationship between temperature and humidity. I will consider a normal day in Singapore at 32 deg and 50% in the cabinet.

Temperature Humidity
32deg 50%
31deg 53%
30deg 56%
29deg 60%
28deg 63%
27deg 67%
26deg 71%
25deg 75%
24deg 79%
23deg 83%

So assuming if you set your air con to 23 deg, between the day and night, the dry cabinet will have to work harder to remove the extra humidity from the cabinet. But when the monring comes, the cabinet is dry and the air con is turned off, the humidity may drop to almost 20%! Further, since you place the dry cabinet near the aircon, the temperature may be as low as 18 degrees! So if your dry cabinet does not dry the cabinet fast enough, you may find that there may be occasional condensation inside the cabinet.
No... When you put dry cab near air cond (room with air cond running), it doesn't make dry cab work harder. Because the room with air cond already have lower humidity. So, the dry cab does not need to work hard to remove humidity. Unless you run air cond and you open the window or door all the times.

Regards,
Arto.

No... When you put dry cab near air cond (room with air cond running), it doesn't make dry cab work harder. Because the room with air cond already have lower humidity. So, the dry cab does not need to work hard to remove humidity. Unless you run air cond and you open the window or door all the times.

Regards,
Arto.

i agree with artosoft. when i switch on the ac in the room with my drycabs there's no diff to the performance, i.e. i don't see the rH climbing and dropping. its very constant.

hmmm... i'm facing a problem now... my dri cabi humidity is around 40% or lower... no matter how i adjust... the % is mention as above...
is there anything that can i do to increase the humidity to 45% - 50%?

should i leave the door of the dri cabit open with the power supply off for a nite?

thanks~!

hmmm... i'm facing a problem now... my dri cabi humidity is around 40% or lower... no matter how i adjust... the % is mention as above...
is there anything that can i do to increase the humidity to 45% - 50%?

should i leave the door of the dri cabit open with the power supply off for a nite?

thanks~!

mine is at 45 permanent. i turned the knob fully anti-clockwise already. should be ok actually.

Regards,
Arto.
Well, the problem does not lie with moisture infiltrating into the cabinet. There is a temperature dependence on humidity, and these fluctuations are usually not observable with analogue hygrometers. I used to do tests on humidity fluctuations, and one of the areas that has most humidity fluctuations is directly below air-cons. You do not usually observe these fluctuations as these can only be observed in expensive humidity dataloggers which are extremely sensitive to humidity changes.

Otaru: If you open the door to the dry cabi, does the humidity rise (as indicated by the hygrometer)?

mine is at 45 permanent. i turned the knob fully anti-clockwise already. should be ok actually.

turned the knob fully anti-clockwise isnt turning off the humidity? cos the green light is gone...

Well, the problem does not lie with moisture infiltrating into the cabinet. There is a temperature dependence on humidity, and these fluctuations are usually not observable with analogue hygrometers. I used to do tests on humidity fluctuations, and one of the areas that has most humidity fluctuations is directly below air-cons. You do not usually observe these fluctuations as these can only be observed in expensive humidity dataloggers which are extremely sensitive to humidity changes.

Otaru: If you open the door to the dry cabi, does the humidity rise (as indicated by the hygrometer)?
What to do with humidity fluctuation and dry cab to work hard?

Do you read somewhere or find your theory yourself? Using humidity data loggers?

Regards,
Arto.

turned the knob fully anti-clockwise isnt turning off the humidity? cos the green light is gone...
Yes, make the dry cab dehumidifier unit off can raise up the humidity inside. Usually I make the green light to dim.

Another way is to switch off the power to dry cab (using timer maybe?).

Regards,
Arto.

Yes, make the dry cab dehumidifier unit off can raise up the humidity inside. Usually I make the green light to dim.

Another way is to switch off the power to dry cab (using timer maybe?).

Regards,
Arto.

ok... i will try it when i reach home tonight... thanks for the advise~! :)

What to do with humidity fluctuation and dry cab to work hard?

Do you read somewhere or find your theory yourself? Using humidity data loggers?

Regards,
Arto.
Well my last job was quite involved with dry cabinets. That's why I did quite a number of tests on it.

A few things. Like how long does it take for the humidity in the dry cabinet to drop to the desired level, with the dryer turned off, how much does the humidity rise every hour. How often does the dryer need to be activated to keep the cabinet dry. Where is the best position to place the humidity sensor. and some other stuffs..

Hi Guys,

I place my cabi in the store room. The temp is 30degreee and RH is 46. Is it adviseable to place the cabi in the store room, knowing that the humility is quite high in store room.

A few things. Like how long does it take for the humidity in the dry cabinet to drop to the desired level, with the dryer turned off, how much does the humidity rise every hour. How often does the dryer need to be activated to keep the cabinet dry. Where is the best position to place the humidity sensor. and some other stuffs..
I hope you don't mind I do a little correction: A few things. Like how long does it take for the humidity in the dry cabinet to drop to the desired level. With the dryer turned off, how much does the humidity rise every hour.

BTW, your example shown something funny:
Temperature Humidity
32deg 50%
31deg 53%
30deg 56%
29deg 60%
28deg 63%
27deg 67%
26deg 71%
25deg 75%
24deg 79%
23deg 83%

Ok, based on your example, it need more time to drop the humidity to desired level in lower temperature. Thus you said dry cab need to work harder.

But, if you look into internet, the temperature and humidity in Singapore usually around 30degC and humidity >70%RH. And cold country like Australia, said IF 23degC, the humidity is around 50%. Your example shown different way, humidity rise up with the temperature drop.

I am not against you or anyone, but I just don't like misleading information around. If you think you are correct, please explain. And if I am wrong, I apologize and I will correct myself.

Regards,
Arto.

Hi Guys,

I place my cabi in the store room. The temp is 30degreee and RH is 46. Is it adviseable to place the cabi in the store room, knowing that the humility is quite high in store room.
46%RH is high?

You don't need dry cab to store photography gears in store room if the RH is constant 46%.

Regards,
Arto.

can i have the phone number for digicabi? tks

Company Name : DigiHub
Tel : 64510010
50 Tagore Lane, Markono DistriCentre #04-08.

they are located in a warehouse, lots of lorries and forklifts moving around. parking is horrendous.

Yup big warehouse... Rem to bring yr warranty card.

I understand where you are getting at. Let's put it this way. There are 3 variables that will determine relative humidity. They are 1) actual moisture content, 2) temperature and 3) atmospheric pressure.

In my example above, I had assumed that the cabinet is air tight, so the actual moisture content and the atmospheric pressure remains constant. So the only variable is temperature.

On the other hand, Australia is a dry country, and I'm refering to the absolute moisture content wise. That's why in Australia, the temperature may be 23 deg celsius, yet the RH is only 50% or less.

This is also the reason why there can be water condensing outside the windows of air-conditioned building. Even in the dry cabinet, the humidity may be around 50% at 32 deg celsius, but if the air-con is turned on and if the dryer does not turn on in time, condensation may still occur in the dry cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.