Questions on Digi-Cabi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I set my AD070 at RH47%, so its usually hovering at 45~50%...

i got the AD070 too. how did you get RH47%?

there's a light at the knob... which position did you set it to? i set mine to 11 o'clock position (where the light is dimmer).

btw, mine box is not in a air-cond room.

OT, i got a 120L akarui from CP.... and turn out its not enough.

i got the AD070 too. how did you get RH47%?

there's a light at the knob... which position did you set it to? i set mine to 11 o'clock position (where the light is dimmer).

btw, mine box is not in a air-cond room.

11 o'clock is too low RH...

I set mine to 8 o'clock in the green region.
Will have to let it stabilize at least a day to see the final RH reading before you fine-adjust again. Took me almost a week to get the desired RH at 8 o'clock. To be exact, it should be slightly below 8 o'clock...possibly about 7.45? :sweat: :sweat:

eh... i don't have sweaty palms or fingers... :bsmilie: and no, some of these lenses were cleaned before. also the whitish residue was not from dried sweat, it was even around the grip, and looked like the rubber was starting to dry up and crack. irreversible, so not sweat leh... only sweat is how much it'll cost to replace the grips when these things crack and fall off..*sigh*

I see... so it's old rubber then...

i find that i have to keep adjustying abit here and there once a while
cause some times it will go up and down. i try to keep it at 50%

I see... so it's old rubber then...

haha.. may as well be USED rubber :bsmilie:
no, relatively new lenses. the whitening of the grips happened to the lenses closest to the dehumifying unit at the rear of my DHC80L. just bought another one at the IT Show, to stack on top. so hopefully with more room, no need to pack the lenses so close to the back and can turn down the rH a little..

haha.. may as well be USED rubber :bsmilie:
no, relatively new lenses. the whitening of the grips happened to the lenses closest to the dehumifying unit at the rear of my DHC80L. just bought another one at the IT Show, to stack on top. so hopefully with more room, no need to pack the lenses so close to the back and can turn down the rH a little..

Hmmmm I see...

I keep my lenses at the 2nd or lowest rack... and I crank it down to 40%... so far, so good... no whites seen yet, keeping my fingers crossed.

Will have to let it stabilize at least a day to see the final RH reading before you fine-adjust again. Took me almost a week to get the desired RH at 8 o'clock. To be exact, it should be slight below 8 o'clock...possibly about 7.45? :sweat: :sweat:

You are right. I've the same problem with mohgui, got to as low as 20something RH. So I've check with Digi-Cabi and they told me to firstly power off and open the door. Let the RH rise. It should go up to about 60+. Then set the knob to about 8 o'clock and let the RH drop.It should reach about 40% - 50%. you can fine tune from there.

realise that the humid level go up and down during diff weather and condition also. Aircon or non aircon.

thanks. will try setting at 8 o'clock. i thought i got myself a defective set... hahaha.

the analog ones are much less accurate hence the much lower price too.. its a nightmare to set it. the waiting is the most tedious especially if you don't get it right.

my lenses on the 2nd rack seem ok. only the top most ones and closest to the back were affected.

Top should be nearest to the unit... tat's why... I normally keep my cam body there on the top

Will have to let it stabilize at least a day to see the final RH reading before you fine-adjust again. Took me almost a week to get the desired RH at 8 o'clock. To be exact, it should be slightly below 8 o'clock...possibly about 7.45? :sweat: :sweat:

I got 37% using that ur setting :( The instructions on the manual is so unclear! ! I've set mine at 11 oclock and I'm monitoring the changes. Thanks

I got 37% using that ur setting :( The instructions on the manual is so unclear! ! I've set mine at 11 oclock and I'm monitoring the changes. Thanks
Did you let it stabilize for a day at least?

If set to 11 o'clock, the RH will get even lower.

If you're using AD070, I suggest you set it to 8 o'clock and open the door for like 8secs for RH to go up alittle then close it.

takes awhile for the system to stabilise... mine took 4 days to achieve consistent reading of 47-53% RH. so just chill... rule of thumb for me is, shld not see the green light, shld be just off or really dim... am using a DB-036 btw..

i dunno if mine is behaving strangly...
its a 60L analog, but it hovers from around 46-55%
the humidity usually reaches around 55 before the humidifier starts working and the humidity goes down....
issit supposed to be like this? i thought 46-55% is quite a big range

i dunno if mine is behaving strangly...
its a 60L analog, but it hovers from around 46-55%
the humidity usually reaches around 55 before the humidifier starts working and the humidity goes down....
issit supposed to be like this? i thought 46-55% is quite a big range

The thing about the analogue series dry cab is that it doesn't have a reference point fixed. Probably when you fix the knob at 8o'clock position when your room RH is 70%, the cabi maintains at probably around 46-50%. But when your room RH increases to 75% and you maintain the knob at 8o'clock position, the cabi might maintain RH around 50-55%. That is why you're seeing the wide range in RH.

I'd recommend the DHC series for peace of mind. Set a reference point & it'll maintain +-2% of it (probably to save energy).

Status
Not open for further replies.