Questions on battery life of K-X

Even then... nice price! Heard it going for between $490 and $520 around these times! Now all we wish is to see your nice snaps taken with your nice camera with this nice lens!! Happy shooting! :)

Last edited:
Even then... nice price! Heard it going for between $490 and $520 around these times! Now all we wish is to see your nice snaps taken with your nice camera with this nice lens!! Happy shooting! :)

Yeah man, very excited to try it out.
Which place & what kind of shots recommended? ;p

You could have gotten them from East Gear at Lavender for about $60 for 4xAA and charger or from OP or MS Color.

bought from reddot, for $56.

Picking up on monday.:)

I already got a GP 2700mah, yes the battery life is much longer compared with the regulars one.

As Sircam explanation of the difference between 2700mah and those 2100mah, I decided to buy 2100mah ones, since i will be using it as reserve, so the longer self discahrge time seems more appropriate for my use.:cool:

Today just received my remote, am still waiting for my raynox, been 8 days(e-bay) and still no news, so tire of waiting. Thats y i hates ordering from the internet, unless they are local based.

I paid $500.
Manly & the shop opp CP quoted $490 but no stock, probably got to wait after New Year. I so excited no patient to wait so buy lor ;p

am tempted to get this too. Waited one that can do nice bokeh. hm.... will buy next month and sell my kit lens 18-55mm so my wife wont notice;p

I promised her I wont buy lens and accessories when i coaxed her to get the KX:bsmilie:

The Maha MH-C401FS charger.

2komsj.jpg

Have finished charging 1 set of eneloop, now charging different size, diffrent brands of rechargeables ;)

am tempted to get this too. Waited one that can do nice bokeh. hm.... will buy next month and sell my kit lens 18-55mm so my wife wont notice;p

I promised her I wont buy lens and accessories when i coaxed her to get the KX:bsmilie:

What's the color of your kit lens? maybe I can buy for fashion look. ;p

bought from reddot, for $56.

Picking up on monday.:)

I already got a GP 2700mah, yes the battery life is much longer compared with the regulars one.

As Sircam explanation of the difference between 2700mah and those 2100mah, I decided to buy 2100mah ones, since i will be using it as reserve, so the longer self discahrge time seems more appropriate for my use.:cool:

Today just received my remote, am still waiting for my raynox, been 8 days(e-bay) and still no news, so tire of waiting. Thats y i hates ordering from the internet, unless they are local based.

Actually, the higher capacity batteries are the regular NiMHs, the lower capacity ones are LSD NiMHs.

The place I bought it from in US gave me a tracking number to track the location of my Raynox. Did you get a tracking number?

The Maha MH-C401FS charger.

2komsj.jpg

Have finished charging 1 set of eneloop, now charging different size, diffrent brands of rechargeables ;)

Ha ha!! Isn't it a great feeling being able to charge any brand or battery or even any size of battery (AA/AAA) all either at the same time or even one, two or three at a time?!?!?! That too in one of the very best chargers available at the moment?!?!?!

Great decision you made! Now enjoy and say goodbye to all your battery charging doubts and hassles... no more battery charging headaches ever from now on!!

For those who are wondering, the green light means 'battery fully charged' and the red light means 'battery still charging'.

Last edited:
Ha ha!! Isn't it a great feeling being able to charge any brand or battery or even any size of battery (AA/AAA) all either at the same time or even one, two or three at a time?!?!?! That too in one of the very best chargers available at the moment?!?!?!

Great decision you made! Now enjoy and say goodbye to all your battery charging doubts and hassles... no more battery charging headaches ever from now on!!

For those who are wondering, the green light means 'battery fully charged' and the red light means 'battery still charging'.

Yeah man, can dump away that 15mins charger, makes me think that my K-X is defective.
But for travel use, still ok. :)

Thanks for pointing out, the green light = fully charged.

Actually, the higher capacity batteries are the regular NiMHs, the lower capacity ones are LSD NiMHs.

The place I bought it from in US gave me a tracking number to track the location of my Raynox. Did you get a tracking number?

ya tracking number but the website always show it has been received from the seller and nothing else...

if Tuesday(2 full weeks) still no news, i will need to contact the seller..

Thanks for pointing out, the green light = fully charged.

I little more info for those interested... when a battery becomes fully charged (i.e. when charger shows green light), the battery still continues to receive what is known as a 'trickle charge' i.e. a very very light charging current (50 mAh only.)

This feature is useful for those older technology rapid self-discharging batteries and helps to keep them always topped up with full power while they are in the charger! During 'trickle charging' the batteries cool down considerably because the charging current is very very light (50 mAh only.)

Advice: Always use these chargers in open well ventilated spaces. Some of these chargers come with plastic covers over the batteries... always a bad idea... unless you live in a very very cold place!

Hope this helps some of you decide who may be considering this fantastic piece of charging equipment.

I finally managed to get the maha charger but was a little apprehensive as it was marked "powerex" and "maha" was pasted on as a sticker. Called someone to confirmed its the real thing...whew. Just saw the image here and confirmed that is what I bought. Got it from MS Color for $50. Also asked about the Pentax DA 55mm and was quoted $1280 (if I heard correctly). Also, for those who still looking for a pentax 18-250mm, MS Color has it although I did not ask for the price.
:)

Last I heard MS Color has been quoting an exorbitant 900+ for the 18-250mm

Last I heard MS Color has been quoting an exorbitant 900+ for the 18-250mm

That's about the price ($960) I paid for mine from overseas for being the early adopter, purchasing it even before shriro brought it in...:embrass:but at least it served its function well for a few of my overseas trips previously. :)

That's about the price ($960) I paid for mine from overseas for being the early adopter, purchasing it even before shriro brought it in...:embrass:but at least it served its function well for a few of my overseas trips previously. :)

Why the fascination with this lens? Esp. at a price of $960?
The only advantage I can see is that there is no need to swap lenses.
A 2 kit lens package seems to be a better deal both in price and picture quality.

Why the fascination with this lens? Esp. at a price of $960?
The only advantage I can see is that there is no need to swap lenses.
A 2 kit lens package seems to be a better deal both in price and picture quality.

That was my pre-prime lenses days...heh heh.
I went on the overseas trip and brought this lens along plus one other prime. In the end, except for 2 shots from the prime lens, I used the 18-250 exclusively because its so convenient. The following trip i did not even bother to bring a second lens along.
At one of the NDP, to keep my set up light, again I brough only the 18-250 along.
But agree if you want value for money, A Tamron 18-250 (or the newer 18-275) is basically the same thing less the SMC coating but cheaper so its more palatable for those who don't mind not having SMC.

Think a lot of people ask for it because the C/N camps easily have the easily obtainable at a high price 18-200mm option

Think a lot of people ask for it because the C/N camps easily have the easily obtainable at a high price 18-200mm option

I used to own the Sigma 18-200mm too before upgrading to the Pentax 18-250.
Its a good bang for buck lens too but in the end, I was chasing the zoom and wanting the pentax name on my super zoom lens..;)