Questions on battery life of K-X

My niece is currently using the 2-Hour Quick Charger (Sanyo) that was included with my first K-x kit. It does a good job, according to her... since it is also an single-channel intelligent charger. So can charge even one battery if one wants to. Not all Sanyo Chargers are single-channel chargers. Some are dual-channel meaning you have to charge batteries in pairs! Hate that personally!!

But... after using dozens of different chargers and batteries over the years... I reserve my Aha! only for my Maha brand chargers... cuz they are the bestest chargers out there currently!! Bestest in terms of features vs. price vs. performance vs. build quality comparison!

So, if you want the best... then head out and grab a Maha charger. All headaches regarding battery charging disappear after that!! The one woefulwabbit mentioned above... I liked it soooo mucccch... I went and got another one! With two of them now, I can charge 8 batteries at a time at a slow or rapid rate, should I feel the need to.

Else, Sanyo 2-Hr Quick Charger is not bad too... but it doesn't come close to the Maha chargers!

Edit: BTW, all Maha chargers in Singapore come with 3-year local warranty... which also includes the adapters, if any! Really a great deal!!

Last edited:
My niece is currently using the 2-Hour Quick Charger (Sanyo) that was included with my first K-x kit. It does a good job, according to her... since it is also an single-channel intelligent charger. So can charge even one battery if one wants to. Not all Sanyo Chargers are single-channel chargers. Some are dual-channel meaning you have to charge batteries in pairs! Hate that personally!!

But... after using dozens of different chargers and batteries over the years... I reserve my Aha! only for my Maha brand chargers... cuz they are the bestest chargers out there currently!! Bestest in terms of features vs. price vs. performance vs. build quality comparison!

So, if you want the best... then head out and grab a Maha charger. All headaches regarding battery charging disappear after that!! The one woefulwabbit mentioned above... I liked it soooo mucccch... I went and got another one! With two of them now, I can charge 8 batteries at a time at a slow or rapid rate, should I feel the need to.

Else, Sanyo 2-Hr Quick Charger is not bad too... but it doesn't come close to the Maha chargers!

Edit: BTW, all Maha chargers in Singapore come with 3-year local warranty... which also includes the adapters, if any! Really a great deal!!

I remembered I have a Maha charger during the 2100mAh era :bsmilie:
But have lost it.:(

If you wanna buy eneloop, make sure you get the eneloop charger also.

My eneloop on my flash can go very long.

search for eastgear on google. It is a singapore online store.

They also have a store front at lavender area.

Apart from that, you can also buy maha charger in funan

also can buy at funan... phone east gear and ask them who is stocking their chargers there. sorry, but i forget the name of the store and which level it is on... just know its a huge store with competitive prices.

If you wanna buy eneloop, make sure you get the eneloop charger also.

My eneloop on my flash can go very long.

I have both Sanyo and Maha chargers. The MAHA ones are much more "intelligent" and thus do the job equally well for both Eneloops and other NiMH brands. No need to buy a brand specific charger for brand specific batteries anymore. These branded chargers with batteries are yet to become as "smart" as the Maha chargers... at this point in time.

There is much more to learn regarding charging NiMH and Lithium Ion batteries. Too much to explain in a single thread. Do a Google search and you will begin to really appreciate the advanced state-of-the-art Maha battery charging technology. Plus Maha makes their own batteries branded as Imedion which are as good as the Eneloops... difficult to say which is better after some testing I did!

Given the choice, I'd choose Eneloops (for batteries) though because Sanyo appears to spend the most in R&D for NiMH batteries. And, similarly, I'd choose Maha (for chargers) because Maha does the most R&D to make their chargers effective for multiple brand and differing capacity NiMH batteries!

And yes... also invest in a good battery tester if you can! Makes the battery charging kit 'complete'.

Last edited:
You can find Maha charger at Funan. The computer shop at the 3rd floor. The shop when you use the escalator from the outside. I think their name is South Asia Computer or something like that ^_^>

You can find Maha charger at Funan. The computer shop at the 3rd floor. The shop when you use the escalator from the outside. I think their name is South Asia Computer or something like that ^_^>

that is south east asia store alright. :thumbsup:

Just an update for my battteries issue.
After knowing my 15mins charger could be the cause for not fully charge my eneloop, I 1st charge the 4pcs. Next I charge 1pc at a time. Surprise to find that it still take mins to charge again :think:
Yesterday took this set of eneloop with another set of imedion out to shoot. I never expect it can last 560 shots! :bigeyes:
By then I was so tired & never use the 2nd set of batteries.

A proper charger is really needed.

Glad this thread helped you!!:thumbsup: :)

but is the 1900 shots really possible? using eneloops batteries?

Possible if you don't use LV and don't view pictures after every shots and turn off the lcd display.... Just shot... :bsmilie:

I took a relatively new set of Eneloops with me for a shoot last Sunday - took more than 800 shots and the battery indicator still showed full charge. Totally blew my mind. But of course I hardly used the flash, and only used the live view for occasionally previewing the pictures.

Before I started using the Eneloops, I was using the bundled Energizer lithiums and it lasted me even more shots without dropping a notch. Swapped them out to be used as backups on long trips.

I took a relatively new set of Eneloops with me for a shoot last Sunday - took more than 800 shots and the battery indicator still showed full charge. Totally blew my mind. But of course I hardly used the flash, and only used the live view for occasionally previewing the pictures.

Before I started using the Eneloops, I was using the bundled Energizer lithiums and it lasted me even more shots without dropping a notch. Swapped them out to be used as backups on long trips.

Wow! 800 shots for a set of eneloop is amazing! :bigeyes:

Yup! Even after the battery indicator shows 'half capacity remaining'... I remember being able to shoot more than 200+ shots.

also can buy at funan... phone east gear and ask them who is stocking their chargers there. sorry, but i forget the name of the store and which level it is on... just know its a huge store with competitive prices.

may i know how much is the MAha charger? Am thinking of getting another sets of rechargable batteries, like u suggest, might as well invest for a proper setup.;)

@Pendi & Kengoh : To me what's amazing is how you guys can take 800 and 500 shots in one outing! Not tired huh?

im getting at least 500 shots from my new and old (2 yrs) GP recyko. I using those 10hrs dumb charger. SO far so good.

@Pendi & Kengoh : To me what's amazing is how you guys can take 800 and 500 shots in one outing! Not tired huh?

This is my 1st DSLR cam, so getting very excited.
I also use continous shooting mode that's why the high no. of shots.
Also, wanted to test the battery life. ;p