Questions on battery life of K-X

may i know how much is the MAha charger? Am thinking of getting another sets of rechargable batteries, like u suggest, might as well invest for a proper setup.;)

I paid $56 for a Maha C-401 if I am remembering correctly. But I remember there were two prices... one with a promotion of 4xAA or 8xAA NiMH Imedion batteries which was an even better deal!

Imedions are almost as good as Eneloops. But I'd still suggest using only Eneloops... especially for the K-x. I'm using the Imedions for my daughter's toys!

Last edited:
I paid $56 for a Maha C-401 if I am remembering correctly. But I remember there were two prices... one with a promotion of 4xAA or 8xAA NiMH Imedion batteries which was an even better deal!

Imedion as almost as good as Eneloops. But I'd still suggest using only Eneloops... especially for the K-x. I'm using the Imedions for my daughter's toys!

come to think of it, should I just get the battery and charger set for Eneloops?

Sure can!

But a highly capable brand-independent universal battery charger is the best choice as a long term investment. That's whats the Maha range of chargers are... the very best at present.

If you want the best for your K-x, get the Maha charger (with or without the promotion) + a set of 4xAA Eneloops. Use the Imedions either as backup batteries for your K-x or for other appliances.

Sure can!

But a highly capable brand-independent universal battery charger is the best choice as a long term investment. That's whats the Maha range of chargers are... the very best at present.

If you want the best for your K-x, get the Maha charger (with or without the promotion) + a set of 4xAA Eneloops. Use the Imedions either as backup batteries for your K-x or for other appliances.

Just done a search for this MAHA charger:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/maha_c401fs.html

Looks good, I'll get one. ;p
Thank for the recommendation.:thumbsup:

East Gear is selling MAHA MH-C401FS CHARGER WITH 4 AA IMEDIONS for $67.00
Is this a good price?

whats so fantastic about the maha? since the sanyo charger is made for eneloops, shouldn't it be better or at least as good as the maha? plus its just $35 for the charger and 4 batteries at SLR revo.

East Gear is selling MAHA MH-C401FS CHARGER WITH 4 AA IMEDIONS for $67.00
Is this a good price?

Yes... it is a good price. You are getting 4xAA Imedions for just $11... almost a $8 to $9 discount. Price of the charger itself could be $56 if I am not mistaken.

whats so fantastic about the maha? since the sanyo charger is made for eneloops, shouldn't it be better or at least as good as the maha? plus its just $35 for the charger and 4 batteries at SLR revo.

The 100 minute Maha MH-C401FS "Cool" charger. It rapid charges NiMH or NiCd type AA / AAA batteries with the precision that only microprocessor technology can provide. Designed with four seperate charging circuits to handle one to four batteries independently of each other. And thanks to its lifetime warranty, it may be the last charger you'll ever buy.

The C401FS uses a unique FLEX negative pulse charging algorithm which allows the battery to be more completely charged. In addition to charging batteries more efficiently, the FLEX pulse method also eliminates the old fashioned battery conditioning mode. Select either the fast 100 minute charge mode or the slower and cooler 5 hour mode which greatly enhances the battery life.

Operation of the charger is very easy. Place one, two, three or four AA or AAA cells in the charger, plug in the AC adapter and then plug the cord into the charger. If you need your batteries charged as quickly as possible slide the switch on the side to "FAST" (1000mA) and your cells are charged in approximately 100 minutes. In this mode the cells get noticeably hot but not beyond the manufacturer's specs. If you select the "SLOW" mode (300mA) you get a gentler five hour charge cycle and the cells never get more than a little warm.

The C401FS automatically analyzes each cell before it begins charging. Normally all of the LED indicators turn red until the charge cycle is completed. When finished, the LEDs turn green to indicate that the charger is now in trickle mode. This trickle mode uses a safe, 50mA current and most NiMH batteries can accept this level indefinitely. I always have a set sitting in my charger so I know they are fully charged.

Charge your batteries fully, and then leave them in the charger to maintain a continued full charge condition and your batteries will always be ready for use.

You can use the Maha C401FS at home with the included AC adapter or in your car or boat or anyplace that has a 12V cigarette lighter plug with the included 12V power cord. You can carry your batteries safely thanks to the included battery holders. Each one can hold one to four AA or AAA cells.

You can also order the C401FS "Worldwide" travel package that includes a 100-240V 50/60Hz power supply for use in Europe. The Worldwide power adapter (shown above) is smaller and lighter than the standard AC power supply.

Sircam: The Sanyo Quick Charger (and most of its other battery chargers) don't offer you all of the above features and technology in one package! That's all!

There's reasons behind. Thought I've posted a review by Steve Digicam? :think:

Yes... it is a good price. You are getting 4xAA Imedions for just $11... almost a $8 to $9 discount. Price of the charger itself could be $56 if I am not mistaken.

Thanks bro.

Hey, if you are considering the Maha MH-C401FS charger +4 imedions. You can buy them also from reddotphoto, check at the mass sales portion in clubsnap forum.
I just bought it for $56 charger and battery inclusive.

Hey, if you are considering the Maha MH-C401FS charger +4 imedions. You can buy them also from reddotphoto, check at the mass sales portion in clubsnap forum.

Did i see wrongly? It's $56 /w 4xAA Imedions & not ordinary NiMH batteries?
That's cheap!
Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

should i get the IMEDION 2700mah rechargable batteries or just the regular ones....?

should i get the IMEDION 2700mah rechargable batteries or just the regular ones....?

Regular ones (the Imedions) are rated as having capacity between 2000 and 2100 mAh. Good thing about them is they do not self-discharge within a few weeks if not used.

The higher capacity ones are not called Imedions... I think Powerex or something, is it?... and have higher capacity of 2700 mAh. They are good if you charge them fully and use them on the same day or within a few days entirely. Else over a few weeks they will self-discharge considerably.

I use both types... Imedion and Powerex... the latter for things like portable fans for baby-stroller during full-day outings where I require maximum capacity to be used up on the same day itself.

thanks guys for the great explanation, just ordered my maha with batteries on the internet.;)

I still standby eneloop batteries, best rechargable batteries ever.

Regular ones (the Imedions) are rated as having capacity between 2000 and 2100 mAh. Good thing about them is they do not self-discharge within a few weeks if not used.

The higher capacity ones are not called Imedions... I think Powerex or something, is it?... and have higher capacity of 2700 mAh. They are good if you charge them fully and use them on the same day or within a few days entirely. Else over a few weeks they will self-discharge considerably.

I use both types... Imedion and Powerex... the latter for things like portable fans for baby-stroller during full-day outings where I require maximum capacity to be used up on the same day itself.

The higher capacity ones are called PowerEx and they are 2700 mAh. The IMEDIONS are rated around 2000 mAh.

I love my PowerEx as they last really really long in my Olympus Sp560UZ, at approx 3 months.

Today this evening while I was buying FA50 1.4 prime lens at TK Foto, saw them selling the same MH-C401FS charger +4 imedions for $56.
Earlier on I've emailed reddot but never reply. So I bought from TK Foto on the spot. Even till now reddot still haven't reply me.:(

Today this evening while I was buying FA50 1.4 prime lens at TK Foto, saw them selling the same MH-C401FS charger +4 imedions for $56. So I bought from TK Foto on the spot.

Whoa! You are one lucky buyer you!! :bsmilie: So how much you got the FA50 1.4 for?!! :thumbsup:

Whoa! You are one lucky buyer you!! :bsmilie: So how much you got the FA50 1.4 for?!! :thumbsup:

I paid $500.
Manly & the shop opp CP quoted $490 but no stock, probably got to wait after New Year. I so excited no patient to wait so buy lor ;p