Question on Pentax Q to K adapter

Fireemblem

Nov 15, 2008
Kiasu Nation
The cheap china Q to K adapter does not comes with the aperture ring control like the official version, so if using a lens like DA*300 with no aperture ring, will it still meter? I have the understanding that it will meter but at the smallest closed aperture right? Is that at F22? Does it means if i am using it to shoot the moon, it is still usable just that i have to make manual calculation for the correct exposure?

Last edited:
you can use a non-sticky tape to tape the aperture leveler on the DA lens to make wide open,

any way, the Q image quality is not for 100% view, it is still better to crop from DSLR.

The cheap china Q to K adapter does not comes with the aperture ring control like the official version, so if using a lens like DA*300 with no aperture ring, will it still meter? I have the understanding that it will meter but at the smallest closed aperture right? Is that at F22? Does it means if i am using it to shoot the moon, it is still usable just that i have to make manual calculation for the correct exposure?

Metering works as normal in Av mode, since the aperture stops down.
But at F16-22, really no point since diffraction has already set in and a lot of detail is lost.