Question for product shoot

Gikens

Jun 22, 2011
Hi guys, i m helping a neighbour to do some product shoot but i m not sure how much to charge.. it about 25 photos with editing n touch up. i m not a pro but photography is my hobby and same time if can earn some extra income .. why not. So can you guys out here advise me wat should be the charges? ok.. i used up my 2 of my day off to get all these photos done up. the reason why i m asking here coz i know there is a market rate out there for the pro but i dun consider myself pro yet but i also dun want to spoil the market rate. Can someone please advise me on a reasonable price i should charge? thank you.

Hi guys, i m helping a neighbour to do some product shoot but i m not sure how much to charge.. it about 25 photos with editing n touch up. i m not a pro but photography is my hobby and same time if can earn some extra income .. why not. So can you guys out here advise me wat should be the charges? ok.. i used up my 2 of my day off to get all these photos done up. the reason why i m asking here coz i know there is a market rate out there for the pro but i dun consider myself pro yet but i also dun want to spoil the market rate. Can someone please advise me on a reasonable price i should charge? thank you.
FYI, for product shots, can range for $5 a pop to hundreds over for a elaborate set up, so is impractical without knowing what kind of products are you shooting and what is the final usage to tell you how much should you charge.

If I hear you correctly, you are asking "how much to charge", instead of "how to charge". There is a big different of these two.

for how to charge, there are many information can be found in the web, you need to understand the mechanism of photography business first. it will take some time to come out your own rate for you to sustain and prosper.

so for how much to change,
one way is go to other photographers' websites and find out their rates, than plus and minus to fit what you think comfortable.

another way is to charge more than your two days OT plus your gears.