Question about calibration in CSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerardo12

Oct 31, 2010
Hi people,

I have got a question with regards to calibrating my gear in CSC. In the below scenerio, will I be able to get the CSC to calibrate for me FOC?

1. Camera body with warranty but lens no warranty
2. Both with warranty

If it is not FOC, how much do they charge normally? Hope to hear from those who have first hand experience in this same scenerio.

If some info is sensitive, can PM me also. Thanks.

First question: is there a need? I guess some people just get itchy about it, upon hearing about the possibility of calibration they suspect it is necessary to do it. Check focus with focus test charts. If there is a need indeed at least you can give a pointer instead of just "Can check?"
Secondly, some new camera models can do micro adjustments for lenses.

First question: is there a need? I guess some people just get itchy about it, upon hearing about the possibility of calibration they suspect it is necessary to do it. Check focus with focus test charts. If there is a need indeed at least you can give a pointer instead of just "Can check?"
Secondly, some new camera models can do micro adjustments for lenses.

Thank you for your input. Mine is a 550D so no micro adjustments i think :(

I asked this because I am thinking of buying a resale lens in B&S, which have quite a big difference in price as compared to new. I was thinking of just bringing it down to CSC with my camera to do a calibration to ensure optimum result. But if the cost of doing the calibration is quite substantial, then I will have to re-consider......

Thank you for your input. Mine is a 550D so no micro adjustments i think :(

I asked this because I am thinking of buying a resale lens in B&S, which have quite a big difference in price as compared to new. I was thinking of just bringing it down to CSC with my camera to do a calibration to ensure optimum result. But if the cost of doing the calibration is quite substantial, then I will have to re-consider......

Only calibrate when you find a problem in focusing accuracy in the lens.

If it is fine, and you bring it in for calibration, it will not make it any sharper, but in the course of adjustment, may move it off its optimum setting... resulting in less accurate shots.

And calibration is usually done FOC for lenses still in warranty. Nothing to do with camera body.

Status
Not open for further replies.