Pro Photo to close!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowwow

Hi all! Was down at Pro Photo at Plaza Singapura today and found out that they'll be closing the unit next week. Operations will now move back to Shriro HQ at Chang Charn Road.

Hope the info's useful.

Unpleasant news. Although I am not entirely surprised. When I was there, it was awfully quiet; it was more of a showroom/museum than a shop.

Hehee..not surprised at all...

I was there a couple times, and the ambience there is much like a Rolex showroom...

Super high end feeling, and nothing much for the intermidiate consumer.

Bad approach to retail...

Hehee..not surprised at all...

I was there a couple times, and the ambience there is much like a Rolex showroom...

Super high end feeling, and nothing much for the intermidiate consumer.

Bad approach to retail...

the guy luved to tell ppl, cheap things not good, good things not cheap.
crazy prices.

Technically, that's not closing. However, that shop was just ridiculous, no customers, open shop for what?

At a time when the model was going to be discontinued, I was looking for an XPAN. They wanted to keep the camera for their own collection. Same with the SWC. I was fortunate enough to travel often, so I ended up getting both when I was out of Singapore. I got the impression they were controlling who to sell the cameras to. It wasn't like that overseas, I had super service in Robert White Photography (UK) and then Yodabashi in Japan respectively. I almost went mad in Yodabashi, not the designer outlet, but it was just really great. However, I think it is a victim of a greater downturn for medium format film cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.