Print Image Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie1234

Mar 13, 2009
Hi guys,

I have a slight problem about Image resolutions. I hope the pros here can clarify and explain to me.

Ok here is the situation - I tried to do some photoshop editing for my gf. Well its kinda of a makeover. The image resolution that i've done is 1839x1839 portrait.

Now when I tried to send it for printing @ Snapfish.com site, my photos are printed wrongly. I do not know whats the problem, and it happened 2 times in a row. I tried to print the photo on 4x6 and a 8x11 photos.

Both of my photos turned out to be printed in landscape mode. Well they claim its a technical error but it happened twice.

I asked them about their Print image resolution minimum and they have give me this.

**Product Minimum image resolution required

Prints

4x6" 360x540 pixels

5x7" 450x630 pixels

8x10" 1200x1500 pixels

8x11" 1200x1650 pixels

As you can see my photo fits the min, but how come my images still get printed wrongly. Or do i need to resize my image again? Please help me out guys.. :dunno:

The image resolution that i've done is 1839x1839 portrait.

This is a perfect square. What are you trying to achieve? Or try a different print service.

1839x1839 is square.

Prints

4x6" 360x540 pixels

5x7" 450x630 pixels

8x10" 1200x1500 pixels

8x11" 1200x1650 pixels
all are rectangle. they don't have square paper sizes, so your image being cropped to rectangle.
if you insist a square print, add white areas on both sides of you image to make it rectangle, cut the paper to square yourself when you receive the prints.

1839x1839 is square.

all are rectangle. they don't have square paper sizes, so your image being cropped to rectangle.
if you insist a square print, add white areas on both sides of you image to make it rectangle, cut the paper to square yourself when you receive the prints.

Ok the image i edited is like that.. So on what resolution should i crop or edit it to be a rectangle..

Ok the image i edited is like that.. So on what resolution should i crop or edit it to be a rectangle..

Just extend the canvas with a color of your choice to make it fit the print dimensions.

find a paper size you want
Prints

4x6" 360x540 pixels

5x7" 450x630 pixels

8x10" 1200x1500 pixels

8x11" 1200x1650 pixels
create a doc in that pixel size (paper size) you want
cut and paste your image into that doc
transform your image to fit into that doc and leave blank areas on the longest side,
so it should be a square image inside a rectangle canvas
flatten, save in jpg,
send for printing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.