Price of SB600 at IT show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's true...but i'll try my luck again today :p
Does anyone know which shop is the cheapest now? MS? John quoted me 360.

Good Luck, hope you get a good deal. Cheers. :)

Hi

i just got to Check the brochure and the SB600 will cost $199 if you purchase a D60 for $988. Ask your friend around if they are getting a D60. :)

I checked and it's going for $299! But dont know if it's still the same price now! Maybe there's a time limit to it? :D

I just asked some guys (random three guys) from Nikon booth SLR side. They said they don't sell SB600 alone :(

One say selling for $299.
One say don't sell SB600 alone.
So which is which? :dunno:

It is $299 include GST :) without any other/bundle purchase.

Receipt from Edison Electronics Pte Ltd.

Last edited:
just out of curiousity.... why are you all interested in getting the SB 600?? i thought the SB 800 and 900 were better??? let's not tok about the price la but in terms of quality isn't the 800 n 900 better?? could someone enlighten me on this? I'm now just using a sunpak flash n wish to upgrade to a speedlite but not sure which to get... SB 800 seems to be the best but no longer in production.... someone pls advise thanks!!

just out of curiousity.... why are you all interested in getting the SB 600?? i thought the SB 800 and 900 were better??? let's not tok about the price la but in terms of quality isn't the 800 n 900 better?? could someone enlighten me on this? I'm now just using a sunpak flash n wish to upgrade to a speedlite but not sure which to get... SB 800 seems to be the best but no longer in production.... someone pls advise thanks!!

Depends on what you need.
The SB900 has more features, which some people may not use.
SO they settle for the SB600 instead, which is almost half the price of the 900.

D3 is actually better than all other nikon models.
Buy what you need.:)

thanks to the threadstarter i managed to get a steal at $299. went down just to get it. great price!! =)

I checked and it's going for $299! But dont know if it's still the same price now! Maybe there's a time limit to it? :D

Hey TS, THANKS !

I got mine at $299.... Went up to the first fella at the counter and asked.... and he whispered $299.... Hhahaa..... ;) Good gift for my bro's bdae. Was just about to go J3:16 or TCW to get it when I saw this thread.

*phew*

The SB800 and SB900 is better in the sense that they are more powerful (Higher GN) and have more functions. However, I don't really need those functions and I use the flash for fill in mostly .... I had the SB800 before but decided to sell it cos it's marginally bigger and I never use the extra features..... So, why bother ? In the end, I settled on the SB600....

Anyways, sidetrack a little, at the Nikon counter, the SB900 was going for a purchase with purchase price of $599 if anyone's interested....

Hey TS, THANKS !

I got mine at $299.... Went up to the first fella at the counter and asked.... and he whispered $299.... Hhahaa..... ;) Good gift for my bro's bdae. Was just about to go J3:16 or TCW to get it when I saw this thread.

*phew*

are you guys really serious about the sb600 price??? gosh. 299 is awesomely cheap. i going down again today to ask!

i went on the first day of it show
the staff quoted me $469
wth

Most prob is some part timers who do not know their stuffs.
You will be surprised alot of part timers at the IT show do not know what they are selling.

Hey TS, THANKS !

*phew*

Haha....great! Hope your bro will be happy with it. Lucky you saw this thread first :sweat:

i went on the first day of it show
the staff quoted me $469
wth

That's not wrong..i asked on the 2nd day and one part-timer happily press his calculator and showed me $420... -_-
So I guess you need to ask the right person ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.