Price of FZ20

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah MS amk....Anyone can help with my questions? :dunno:

adum said:
heres a few questions....please help thks.

hmmmm i only charge mine for like two hours then light went off... so i just took it off and play with it.....i mean the camera...so does it affect the batt life?

and i bought the hoya uv filter, can i just leave it on forever?

was fooling ard with it just now... night, no light... used the night scene mode... lack of light still... quality quite low..... and the ois system, is it like always on? cuz my shots sux, damn shakey... trailing lines of light... is it me or is it the camera? so many modes i also confused.... :dunno:

whats the normal setting tht u guys use to shoot in?

alot alot of questions :think: !!!! ahhhhhhhhh......hahaha.......

need help man... fz20 users please help this new bird at photography.... :lovegrin:

Two hours charge is good enough la. It's still working fine for me!
I leave the UV filter permanently fitted to camera. It protects the lens.
Suggest you try from the beginning. Like myself, I started with auto mode day shots. shoot anything I wanted first. And see the results. Then experiment with different setting. Once your normal day shot improved, then venture into Macro, night shots...etc.....
Practice makes perfect. Suggest you read on the net from the popular photography website too.

hey LIFEWORLD thks alot. as u said i think the only way to learn is thru shooting more. thks man.... having a ball!! :)

Parisilk quoted me $921 (with GST) today with the 256mb and case.

tkp77 said:
Anyone had got the price of FZ10 & FZ20 at the Sitex 2004 already?

Thanks.
FZ20-See post #52 &#53
No FZ10 at SITEX

YEsterday, just bought my DMC-FZ20 at SITEX at SGD 1099 under BEST Denki.
Come with 512MB SD card and a case.
ON top of this, i chosen the 0% installment plan with 2 month waive using DBS c-card. Although it is abit expensive but with the instalment plan i think i'm able to afford it.

FInd that this Lumix is a very good camera (can't really compare with the DSLR but has enough function and good review from around the world)

CONCLUSION:
It is a good deal as i'm not that rich lah.... :)

Shierly said:
YEsterday, just bought my DMC-FZ20 at SITEX at SGD 1099 under BEST Denki.
Come with 512MB SD card and a case.
ON top of this, i chosen the 0% installment plan with 2 month waive using DBS c-card. Although it is abit expensive but with the instalment plan i think i'm able to afford it.

FInd that this Lumix is a very good camera (can't really compare with the DSLR but has enough function and good review from around the world)

CONCLUSION:
It is a good deal as i'm not that rich lah.... :)

U got it for installment??? Confirm??? Damn!!! Think i shall get it todae. I was thinking of going to Best Denki Store and get the 0% installment and it was offered for free casing and 256 mb card. Looking at the deal of 512 mb make me had a urge of flying to SITEX later on. :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

Cheers! :p

josho said:
U got it for installment??? Confirm??? Damn!!! Think i shall get it todae. I was thinking of going to Best Denki Store and get the 0% installment and it was offered for free casing and 256 mb card. Looking at the deal of 512 mb make me had a urge of flying to SITEX later on. :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

Cheers! :p

There's no 2% surcharge for visa and no need to fork out large sum of cash. And can have the camera immediately. :thumbsup:

If you ask MSColor, they can let you pay by installment using your credit card. They just add about 4% to the total, but it's still cheaper than Best Denki. I just bought my FZ20 that way. Came out to less than $90 a month for 12 months.

hotdog314159 said:
If you ask MSColor, they can let you pay by installment using your credit card. They just add about 4% to the total, but it's still cheaper than Best Denki. I just bought my FZ20 that way. Came out to less than $90 a month for 12 months.

I Just got my FZ20 at Sitex. Now still charging my Battery. Can't wait to try it out... ;p I use the UOB 0% instalment plan to pay. Btw, the freebies not as fantastic as Konica Minolta.

Freebies for FZ20 include: 1 x 512 SD Card, 1 x Camera Case (very ugly looking) & 1 x small travel bag (out of stock when I buy, replace with a shoe bag... :thumbsd: )

Anyway, can't complaint much I already bought. "Willing Buyer, willing Seller".

Might be going down to Sitex again tomorrow with my "new camera" to take some photos...

tkp77 said:
I Just got my FZ20 at Sitex. Now still charging my Battery. Can't wait to try it out... ;p I use the UOB 0% instalment plan to pay. Btw, the freebies not as fantastic as Konica Minolta.

Freebies for FZ20 include: 1 x 512 SD Card, 1 x Camera Case (very ugly looking) & 1 x small travel bag (out of stock when I buy, replace with a shoe bag... :thumbsd: )

Anyway, can't complaint much I already bought. "Willing Buyer, willing Seller".

Might be going down to Sitex again tomorrow with my "new camera" to take some photos...

Seems most waited for Sitex. At least you were not required to pay the 2-3% surcharge for using CC.

Tomorrow will have more freebies I think! The last day thingy.......

I went. Cannot get it. :(

Reason: No Credit Card to pay by instalment

Damn sad.

Went to Best Denki: need pay slip and kinda exp on instalment.
$57 per mth for 24mth with case and 256mb card.. One week approval(cannot use it by next saturdae at zoukout if i submit on monday) :thumbsd:

But Sitex:$47 per mth for 24mth. 512 mb card with case.Immediate arry away :thumbsup:

Sad.... Why why why... :thumbsd:
Heart break :bheart:

busybobby said:
I was quoted

900 (inc. GST, free 256 + original case) by MS color
885 (exc. GST) by AP

I was quoted by MS Color $930 (inc GST, 256MB and original case). Then I said my friend was quoted $900 for the same package there. Then they stared at me in disbelief...

How ar like that?

joohan said:
I was quoted by MS Color $930 (inc GST, 256MB and original case). Then I said my friend was quoted $900 for the same package there. Then they stared at me in disbelief...

How ar like that?

......stare back in disbelief with a ' so u are doubting me ISSIT!!??!!' look.....then see who holds out longer...the one who breaks first will burst into uncomfortable laughter.... :what: ........ *kidding* :bsmilie:

my 1 ringgit worth....i very newbie at taking pics..after one month of research, finally bought the fz20 for 920 at MS...actually think the px ard there for some time liao, just tht recently the 256 was thrown into the package....good deal... at the end of the day, i feel tht having to save tht few dollars more and having to wait may not be worth it... better to just buy and shoot..and also at the end of the day, the rapport forged with the shop may be worth tht bit of money more.. my 1 ringgit worth. :lovegrin:

joohan said:

How ar like that?

Tell them off!

Tell them that you are one of the regular members of CS, and you found the price here. If they are not doing business honestly, then you will post a message here, and the snappers here will gradually disappear from their store...ask them to think carefully... :blah:

JimDavis said:
Tell them off!

Tell them that you are one of the regular members of CS, and you found the price here. If they are not doing business honestly, then you will post a message here, and the snappers here will gradually disappear from their store...ask them to think carefully... :blah:

wahhh sehhh...threat xia.... :bsmilie:

hmm.. i failed to get the fz20 too at sitex. the damn canon wowed me. bcoz i ownself buay steady.. i oso got wowed by the new olympus e300 demo. the longer i stay to listen to the demo, the mor convinced i was abt getting the olympus! tink they put a spell over me! quickly moved away.. but damage been done. cant buy the fz20 oredy. olympus+canon injected too much self doubt liao!

foxx said:
hmm.. i failed to get the fz20 too at sitex. the damn canon wowed me. bcoz i ownself buay steady.. i oso got wowed by the new olympus e300 demo. the longer i stay to listen to the demo, the mor convinced i was abt getting the olympus! tink they put a spell over me! quickly moved away.. but damage been done. cant buy the fz20 oredy. olympus+canon injected too much self doubt liao!

The E300 looks good. Like the design. It's anti-dust camera, just what I have been hoping for in a dslr. However, it's too early to know whether the 4/3 system will take off for long. Will just wait for it to settle first!

Status
Not open for further replies.