Prepare yourself for price hike in year 2014

if you don't want to queue, you can bath in SG river :bsmilie:

images

Singapore River is our holy river. It emanates from the mighty Himalayan high mountains as icy cold water.

It then meanders down the great plains and eventually reaches its destination in Singapore island.

When we bathe in Singapore River we wash away our sins, our greed and our anxiety.

When we drink from Singapore River we partake purity of the holy water to refresh our souls.

Whoever can commercially bottle the Singpaore River water will make enough money for many times of reincarnation to spend. :)

Last edited:
SG river might have dead bodies too.... and hey... are they using Sg River for our water too?

The Marina Barrage is used to trap the water in Sg river. This water is then pumped back up to the reservoir treatment and municipal use.

Sion can drink more tap water to cleanse his soul.

costs sure to go up thanks to government stupid 6million population policy - with so much domestic demand forced into the economy, ie super long queues everywhere from food stalls to shopping malls to roads buses trains, supply is limited and thus prices skyrocket. since government refuse to change their.stupid population policy, we can change the government....

costs sure to go up thanks to government stupid 6million population policy - with so much domestic demand forced into the economy, ie super long queues everywhere from food stalls to shopping malls to roads buses trains, supply is limited and thus prices skyrocket. since government refuse to change their.stupid population policy, we can change the government....

Agree but you cannot start a revolution and change the government here else the moderators will close this thread. :nono:

6 million population also makes 6 million talents to contribute to the progress of this great nation.

More demands will create more supplies and more job and business opportunities. Just look at the enterprising and thriving drink stalls in Little India. :)

You just don't change the government.

You join the government to effect change. :)

Was having my lunch just now and chit chat with other stall owners at the coffee shop. One of the aunty says that she thinking of not going to sell as got increase of 2 cents. If she raise too much, customers might go away. Don't increase, she selling at a lost. See, 2 cents impact on them so much, our pocket get ready to blow a hole if increment not good. :think:

6 million population also makes 6 million talents to contribute to the progress of this great nation.

More demands will create more supplies and more job and business opportunities. Just look at the enterprising and thriving drink stalls in Little India. :)

You just don't change the government.

You join the government to effect change. :)

Rubbish to the max.

Sorry I know this is kopitiam and I know you're a hilarious man. But I'll just attack the statements.

1. 6 million does not equal 6 million TALENTS.

2. More demand = more jobs? Not so simplistic. What the government has done is essentially look at the whole economy like doing business. Eg: If we can employ more foreigners at cheaper rate (to the foreigners, even a pathetic $1,200 a month may be a huge sum for them) businesses will thrive here. More businesses means more $$$ making opportunities means better economy.

My question: Who enjoys most of the $$$ and good economy? The common citizen in the street? Nope.

In effect, you cause your own people to earn less. That's what's happening here. And the government supporters will say, Singaporeans always complain. Got job also complain. Well listen up. If a foreigner is willing to accept a job for $1,200 a month, do you expect your people to take up such jobs when they could have been paid a lot more like in the past? How do you expect them to lead a comfortable life and set up families when the cost of living here is so high?

Those foreigners who earn $1,200 a month may endure for a few years by eating less, enjoying less cos at the end of the day, they will go home with lots of cash saved in their hands and they can build a big house with a garden to enjoy with their families. You expect your Singaporean poor chap to endure eating simple, dress with torn clothes, and live in a small 2 or 3-room HDB flat for the rest of their lives with their families even though they are educated fairly well? Of course your people are rightly concerned. Your own country is doing so well but you are not enjoying it.

So it's not Singaporeans are always complaining too much. They are being realistic. And it's not all Singaporeans who are choosy with jobs. They of course need jobs that can support themselves and their families. Is this so hard to ask for? Some are whiners but many whom I've talked to are not.

3. Little India? Just by one example you are generalizing to mean everything is A-ok? Might as well quote "Go see Crystal Jade, Bread Talk, Toast Box etc etc etc all doing well."

Go ask around. Many businesses have to close down cos rentals are just too high. Rentals high, shop owners charge you more for the things you buy. Any surprise why nowadays, even local Singaporeans are reluctant to buy their stuffs in Singapore?

Can tell you hardly live in Singapore for long or you are not sufficiently immersed in what is happening here.

Last edited:
Rubbish to the max.

Sorry I know this is kopitiam and I know you're a hilarious man. But I'll just attack the statements.

I love it.. anyhow attack :bsmilie:

russian-front-second-world-war-02.jpg

Last edited:
Coincidentally, I am talking to a bicycle shop owner today.

He says employ one foreign worker for his shop for $1.2k means $3k for the business. Salary = $1.2k, 8 Singaporean can employ 1 foreigner levy $800 + $550 (I am not quite sure why $800), accommodation and food allowance $600. Those who are smart and good will ask for $5k total.

Surely if the shop is willing to pay $3-5k for a bicycle repairman, no one wants the job?

For every foreign worker, the levy is $800+$550 = $1250. Where does the money goes to?

(can someone familiar explain what the $800 is about?)

What is this increase of 2 cents about?

The lady selling breakfast. The zhu chang fun sold to her increased by 2 cents n for now, she already not making much. So, either she fold up or increase the selling price.