Prepare yourself for price hike in year 2014

I think you must drive. A lot of the MRT station toilets have hoses within the cubicles to wash the whole place, FYI. Unless of course you are an exhibitionist..

I hardly go MRT toilet and survey so much la. Maybe you shower inside there? Tell us which station and we go take photos of you, haha!

Actually fast food are the ones which increasing in prices over the years and we didn't notice it as we hardly go for it. The potion also getting smaller as compare to last time. So, it's like double edges knife, 1 up n 1 down and therefore, they even profit more!

cost of sugar has doubled since 2008. I should have taken my buddy Jim advice and long sugar in when he gave me this lobang in 2008. this is what is driving up cost of bread according to my friend who works in Gardenia factory.

meanwhile landlords demand yield increases yoy. many landlords are REITs... which are ultimately owned by Tumor Sick Holdings...

Yeah but seriously how much sugar do they put in to drive the price up? No wonder diabetes is prevalent

I hardly go MRT toilet and survey so much la. Maybe you shower inside there? Tell us which station and we go take photos of you, haha!

Take shower together with mrt auntie. I'll look for you in stomp :bsmilie:

Soon people will be showering in the drains to save on the utilities bill :)

There is only so much you can cut, and what's the point of sacrificing standard of living in order to keep up? Better solution is to work harder for better pay or if your boss doesn't want to pay then hop to another one which can pay higher, it's emploee market now so keep trying.

as long as world governments are printing paper money to boost the world economy, this problem will not solve.

in the past, every dollar printed has a physical gold backing, but at some point of time, they decided to remove this rule and printed as much as they feel to.

Last edited:
as long as world governments are printing paper money to boost the world economy, this problem will not solve.

in the past, every dollar printed has a physical gold backing, but at some point of time, they decided to remove this rule and printed as much as they feel to.

Its not that simple. Gold standard has its limitation, the fact that its abandoned is telling something, no?
I don't think the inflation in Sg is due to rising prices of imported goods. Its rather the local demand supply interplay

Its not that simple. Gold standard has its limitation, the fact that its abandoned is telling something, no?
I don't think the inflation in Sg is due to rising prices of imported goods. Its rather the local demand supply interplay

For countries and economies to grow rapidly currencies cannot be tied down to gold or precious metals. It has to be fiat and a little fictitious so that it can be printed wantonly.

Inflation is not bad per se provided incomes can rise in tandem. Herein is where the problem lies; cost of living going up but incomes remaining stagnant, the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. These are the natural tendencies of capitalism. Unfortunately we pursue a policy which has made Mercedes Benz the best selling car in our country. This country is not for poor people. Can I shower in MRT stations?

glad to know the price of hiring ministers is not affected by inflation.
In fact, goes down. LOL

glad to know the price of hiring ministers is not affected by inflation.
In fact, goes down. LOL

I think there is a component for their salary increase to be reviewed annually.

Maybe sunshine bread price went up when former CEO of SMRT became auric pacific CEO. It figures.

Actually wheat price has fallen. So it may be a case of wanting more profits to please shareholders.

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/wheat.aspx?timeframe=1y

But BreadTalk is much worse in charging high prices. Their few slices of bread cost a lot.

I have stopped eating bread. I find it not value for money. Yakun even have to slice the one piece into 2, rub some butter and kaya, and sell it to you at the price of 2 slices.

Oh, good for you. Most of us have to take the MRT to work and often have to stop by the toilets. :bsmilie: Survey is not out of choice, but out of necessity. And I'm not the one suggesting to join SAFRA for free showers.. Thought you have such a brilliant idea, help you out to save more money. :bsmilie:

I have stopped eating bread. I find it not value for money. Yakun even have to slice the one piece into 2, rub some butter and kaya, and sell it to you at the price of 2 slices.

I noticed shopping centres are much less packed..... n sales hv gone down....

I noticed shopping centres are much less packed..... n sales hv gone down....

Apparently the whole singapore has taken this thread's advice :bsmilie:

Have bathing queues formed at MRT stations? :angry:

if you don't want to queue, you can bath in SG river :bsmilie:

images