Prepare yourself for price hike in year 2014

After the announcement of 25% increase in liquor duties last month, some food and beverage vendors have been marking up the prices of beers by more than the calculated increase set by MOF. According to MOF, the rise in beers prices should be between 19 and 41 cents per bottle, inclusive of GST, which in turned passed on to consumers.

However, consumers complained that some vendors have increased their beer prices by more than a dollar.

c73e0a00-aad3-11e3-9bab-7d3238eec2f4_CASEtable.jpg

Courtesy of CASE

By the way, it is an offence for the vendors who charge more than the range indicated by MOF?

This isn't a hawker, but rent increase by 140% has forced them out... which means the new tenant has to cope with such rent and pass on the pain in the form of prices of food:
http://www.soshiok.com/content/rentals-businesses-out

Start a boycott with unresaonable prices when business can sell they can pay the rent will have to wind up.

Start a boycott with unresaonable prices when business can sell they can pay the rent will have to wind up.

I already did. Cause of a egg. Ha ha! Govt increase a bit, hawker otot till 10 to 20%. Really ridiculous.

After the announcement of 25% increase in liquor duties last month, some food and beverage vendors have been marking up the prices of beers by more than the calculated increase set by MOF. According to MOF, the rise in beers prices should be between 19 and 41 cents per bottle, inclusive of GST, which in turned passed on to consumers.

However, consumers complained that some vendors have increased their beer prices by more than a dollar.

c73e0a00-aad3-11e3-9bab-7d3238eec2f4_CASEtable.jpg

Courtesy of CASE

By the way, it is an offence for the vendors who charge more than the range indicated by MOF?

$La6zgGx.jpg
Singapore "authorities" are without the authority 1 lah. Not 1st time "show acting" only.

I was at McDonald yesterday to buy a meal. The counter staff told me that some of the items prices have risen. When I asked her what was the reason, she just smiled at me and told me that everything has to go up in price except my salary.