Post / Show your pictures of D300s thread ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

copikau

Apr 30, 2007
Hi all d300s enthusiast. Since its already in most of our local store,
please post your pictures taken from your new camera and awaited D300s here.With exif, if posible.
... thanks .... :lovegrin:

Last edited:
sorry to be a wet blanket, but I don't think it's possible to differentiate the improved quality of the D300s vs an older or lower-end model like the D70/D80/D90/D200 when you're posting pictures up at web resolution...

No Worries Zero.
I open this thread cause I've seen/read most website forums, open the exact thread like I did, here, with users, using different camera models, where each started with its own thread.
So I thought why not here. An surprisingly, forumers there don't feel inferior bout picture quality taken from an individual camera.
In fact, each of the individual model thread, grows in number of pages.
Ever come across ... 'Oi. How come he shoot better than I did when both of us using the same camera' ...
These user learn from there. Theres lots of 'How to' in that individual thread.
Theres lots of different ways of taking photgraphs and perspectives.

To MODS, if you think its not wise for me to start this thread, by all means, U can close it ... :)

Im a D80 user ... ;)

No Worries Zero.
I open this thread cause I've seen/read most website forums, open the exact thread like I did, here, with users, using different camera models, where each started with its own thread.
So I thought why not here. An surprisingly, forumers there don't feel inferior bout picture quality taken from an individual camera.
In fact, each of the individual model thread, grows in number of pages.
Ever come across ... 'Oi. How come he shoot better than I did when both of us using the same camera' ...
These user learn from there. Theres lots of 'How to' in that individual thread.
Theres lots of different ways of taking photgraphs and perspectives.

To MODS, if you think its not wise for me to start this thread, by all means, U can close it ... :)

Im a D80 user ... ;)

Since this is a newly launch camera, Admin has been consulted(previously) and has allow it for about a month or so before we close the thread and images be posted on the main galleries

... :)
Im a D80 user ... ;)

was contemplating to get a used D700, i got a new D300s on friday - never like D700 anyway.

no pictures, but what i can tell you is that - like D3x - D300s jpeg engine is excellent. on the D3 and other Nikons, i can make better jpegs than the camera can by opening the NEF file and saving to JPG. this actually worries me, could be the Capture software, or the latest cameras are just much better.

if the future D3 and D700 replacements come with d-movie and other menus, features and better Expeed like this, D3 would be pretty much killed..

for now D3 still leads the field in high-ISO performance, thanks to its large pixels..

but if you stick with the APS-C, D300s is the best you can get.
the shutter on D3 is embarassing loud :) i quite like the new quite mode on D300s..

Has the D300s been released for sale in Singapore already?

Anyone know th price and which shops have it?

Many thanks

Hi John ... its between 2500 < 2600 ...

Hi copikau, Many thanks for that information.
I have a friend who could pick me up one when she's in Singapore this week. I'm seriously tempted as I have a D200 right now and as much as I'd love to get the D700 it would cost me a lot of moneyto replace the lens focal range I have now with the Sigma 10 -20mm, Nikkor 18-200mm.
Aaahh decisions, decisions...

Hi John ... here in Singapore price range for D700 would be between 3400 < 3900.
Saying that, it'll cost almost a thousand more to compare with D300s.
To me, 1K is alot!

Wait for a while, as Sep - Nov is going to see Sony and Canon launching their new DSLR, the current D700 price may be falling as Nikon is rushing out the D700s as a counter measurement. Only issue is the old D700 may be very hard to find.

For now, just play around with our old cam, take more pics to improve our skill. May the Force be with u:)

Hi copikau and archon75,
You know and I know you are talking sense.
One has to try to control buyers lust that has been building up over the last two months as I research cameras.
I would love to have opportunbity to look through the viewfinder of a D700 to see if it is more like my old Minolta film camera which used to be so bright and easy to use. My old eyes struggle a bit with this D200.
I'll be patient a little longer and continue to practice on the D200.

should put this as D300s user thread instead..

Wait for a while, as Sep - Nov is going to see Sony and Canon launching their new DSLR, the current D700 price may be falling as Nikon is rushing out the D700s as a counter measurement. Only issue is the old D700 may be very hard to find.

For now, just play around with our old cam, take more pics to improve our skill. May the Force be with u:)

How you know?

Since this is a newly launch camera, Admin has been consulted(previously) and has allow it for about a month or so before we close the thread and images be posted on the main galleries

A request was made in post #1, from then till post #14, it looks like the direction is towards coffee shop talk than what was requested. I will close this thread if it continue to go in that direction. :nono:

anyone with D300s pics yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.