Possible to brighten ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger

Jan 21, 2003
Visit site
hi,

if i got a photo of 2 ppl, background is mountain, blue sky.
due to sunlight at background, the face is dark.

is there any way i can brighten up the face but leave the background mountain, sky etc as it is.

thanks ! :)

ranger said:
hi,

is there any way i can brighten up the face but leave the background mountain, sky etc as it is.

when taking use flash?

if already taken then duplicate the layer in PS, adjust the top layer and erase away the background?

Use the history brush in Photoshop CS?

Ensure that the brush is soft-edged. Use levels to lighten the overall shot, adjust for the figures. Click history brush on this step.

Click to the previous step. Apply history brush over figures.

Of course, if you don't have the software... then it's :dunno:

ranger said:
hi,

Have you got PS (CS)? Then this is a prime candidate for use of the new Shadow / Higlight filter.!!! This can rescue photos with your problem much quicker than any Curves / Selection techniques!! Go and experiment!

;)

stroma said:
Have you got PS (CS)? Then this is a prime candidate for use of the new Shadow / Higlight filter.!!! This can rescue photos with your problem much quicker than any Curves / Selection techniques!! Go and experiment!

;)

i've got photoshop 7.0, what's CS stands for ? :)

ranger said:

Creative Suite

ranger said:

As Jopel says it's creative suite and is basically PS v 8.0. So you don't have the facility! :(

An alternative way to do it is to make a selection of the sky / mountains etc, duplicate the background layer, change the blend mode to mutiply and then apply a layer mask (You may need to invert your selection). This will darken the part you want (e.g. ppl) and leave the background as is. You can then adjust the opacity to whatever looks natural. (In stead of multiply you could apply a levels or curves adjustment to the duplicate layer to acheive a similar effect.

Best of all upgrade to PS CS.! :)

You can use LeveL in Photoshop 7/CS. use the one in your right bottom dock/pallet

Status
Not open for further replies.