positive economic news onslaught ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I oso sianz, but how to be a leaver if kena owned in real life :bheart:

hahahahha

i'm no geek and i never ever played DOTA...

HECK, i don't even know any new games that you young guys play! but one sure thing, life is a b****....... there are many issues that are linked...whether you like it or not.....its the MATRIX!

There are those who have chosen the red pill and will never see whats behind.

LOL!

anybody need the codebreaker? ;)

LOL! we are all OWNED.........

i m waiting to b bought over. thinking of selling part of myself on d Net. :bsmilie:

start bid from $0.50. :bsmilie:

it's not maths
a country's economy has got nothing to do with what an individual (who is living in THAT country) is getting for his pay!

tsk
it's nothing to do with maths.. =(

big picture versus small picture, definitely i'm not denying the fact that some people face problems, but complaining that their pay is not rising despite economy improving is in short, ludicrous!

May I ask how qualified you are to make such a statement? I don't think that it is right to say it is ludicrous either. There is a relationship between how well the economy in Singapore performs and what kind of pay you get. It's just not at all direct because the pay that you get really depends on a large part what your profession is, what sector of the economy you are situated in, who you work for and how hard you work. However, every hardworking Singaporean had their salary cut in the last recession by means of a CPF contribution rate cut when the economy was not doing well in the last recessionary phase, regardless of how hardworking they are. Moreover, in a bad economy, just like in a good one albeit in the opposite way, there are knock on effects where if one sector does not do well, others may be adversely affected. e.g. if banks loan out too much money for property related reasons, and a property slump occurs because of a oversupply of property or little demand due to unrealistic high prices, not only will housing agents be affected, banks will have less earnings due to the need to write of bad debts and making higher provisions, so people working in banks may have less in terms of increments or bonuses etc. If the situation gets bad, banks may even have to lend out less or be less willing to lend out money to other sectors of the economy which in turns affects these other sectors and the people who work in them. If the situation becomes worse, people either get retrenched or have difficulty looking for a job. It's a little simplistic, but you should get the idea.

If your father is the sole breadwinner of the family, and he does not earn much, chances are you will grow up with little money in your pocket too. However, if your father earns more, chances are that you will receive more as he will be able to afford you a better quality of life.

So the economy has EVERYTHING to do with how much you get, it's just that it's indirect. What is direct i.e. how much you CAN earn boils down to the personalchoices that you make to make that difference.

looking at those CNY sign they put at those lamp post.

国富民强

why not 国泰民安
all they give a shi* is $.

To hell with the positive economic, the only different i see is paying more.:thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

looking at those CNY sign they put at those lamp post.

国富民强
why not 国泰民安
all they give a shi* is $.

To hell with the positive economic, the only different i see is paying more.

Actually they printed wrongly lah...
What they wanted to print is 国富李强.

Typo Error.

:p :lovegrin: :p

May I ask how qualified you are to make such a statement? I don't think that it is right to say it is ludicrous either. There is a relationship between how well the economy in Singapore performs and what kind of pay you get. It's just not at all direct because the pay that you get really depends on a large part what your profession is, what sector of the economy you are situated in, who you work for and how hard you work.

So the economy has EVERYTHING to do with how much you get, it's just that it's indirect. What is direct i.e. how much you CAN earn boils down to the personalchoices that you make to make that difference.
...And how qualified are you?...

I refuse to put down any qualifications of mine on the table, because they will never be validated, and it's frankly pointless. Unless you want me to what, meet you and show you this cert or that cert? A bit boh liao right? So let's not drag qualifications into the story.

Note that I said personal wage. I admit it is not entirely ludicrous, perhaps it was merely a desire to drive home the point after no one acknowledged it. In any case, many jobs (I cannot give you solid figures since this is really based on quite a number of premises) would not have the renumeration based on how well the economy does. And even if a job's wage is adjusted up because of the economy, it isn't some "I peg your wage to economy" thing, i.e. the upwards translation would take some time to be reflected while the economic situation stabilises. Get what I mean?

...And how qualified are you?...

I refuse to put down any qualifications of mine on the table, because they will never be validated, and it's frankly pointless. Unless you want me to what, meet you and show you this cert or that cert? A bit boh liao right? So let's not drag qualifications into the story.

Note that I said personal wage. I admit it is not entirely ludicrous, perhaps it was merely a desire to drive home the point after no one acknowledged it. In any case, many jobs (I cannot give you solid figures since this is really based on quite a number of premises) would not have the renumeration based on how well the economy does. And even if a job's wage is adjusted up because of the economy, it isn't some "I peg your wage to economy" thing, i.e. the upwards translation would take some time to be reflected while the economic situation stabilises. Get what I mean?

I did not ask what paper qualifications you have, I asked how qualified are you to say this? e.g. do you work as some analyst that looks at economies vs compensation, do you make salary decisions and what are your considerations made on or do you work in a human resources department that deals with renumeration? If you are involved in any of these activities, you would not be saying that it to be ludicrous.

A point to add, the civil servants bonuses are directly linked to the state of the economy.

A point to add, the civil servants bonuses are directly linked to the state of the economy.

Strong valid point.
Regardless how well or poor their performance are, they still getting their 3mth bonuses.

Regulars in the armed forces are a good example.

:p :rolleyes: :p

I did not ask what paper qualifications you have, I asked how qualified are you to say this? e.g. do you work as some analyst that looks at economies vs compensation, do you make salary decisions and what are your considerations made on or do you work in a human resources department that deals with renumeration? If you are involved in any of these activities, you would not be saying that it to be ludicrous.

It's simple. On the overall scale if a company is doing well, the economy need not be doing well. If a company is doing badly, the economy might be doing well. So it is ludicrous. Simple, clean logic and I don't have to inject any bizarre sounding economic theories to prove it.

Secondly, civil servants' bonus, yes, roughly linked. But once again, the time lag still exists, shrug.

Strong valid point.
Regardless how well or poor their performance are, they still getting their 3mth bonuses.

0.o Last I knew there was a grading system for civil servants, and depending on how well they did on the scorecard, they got variable bonus.

This is a strong example of obvious misinformation, jeez. I do not want to bother telling you how blatantly wrong tat statement is. I don't think that is what the previous guy meant either, dude.

Strong valid point.

What **** you talking?

It's simple. On the overall scale if a company is doing well, the economy need not be doing well. If a company is doing badly, the economy might be doing well. So it is ludicrous. Simple, clean logic and I don't have to inject any bizarre sounding economic theories to prove it.

Secondly, civil servants' bonus, yes, roughly linked. But once again, the time lag still exists, shrug.

The next economic downturn is probably around the corner, it could happen this year or within the next few years. You will like everybody else be caught in it, and when it happens, you will know it not to be ludicrous, but it will be too late by then. The rest of us who recognise it not to be ludicrous early will be better prepared to protect ourselves to ride out the downturn, leaving you way behind. :bsmilie:

The next economic downturn is probably around the corner, it could happen this year or within the next few years. You will like everybody else be caught in it, and when it happens, you will know it not to be ludicrous, but it will be too late by then. The rest of us who recognise it not to be ludicrous early will be better prepared to protect ourselves to ride out the downturn, leaving you way behind. :bsmilie:
This is typical behaviour - switching to doomsday prophecies for all alike when logic does not lie on your side and you have nothing else to say.

I wish it wasn't so.

I only know that I have nothing to fear, a clear and calm mind, and a positive attitude will generally serve one well throughout life, be it in Singapore, Africa or America. If one sits around to complain about everything that seems to be wrong in his life and uses emotional logic more than logcial logic, there is no speaking to him.

Gentlemen: I think both sides are correct.
We could probably have a consensus here, if we try using the famous distribution factor 80/20 to explain the problem.

If our economy consists of 10 people, we created and add $1000 to our GDP. If we divided it equally among the 10 people, each of us will collect $100. In this case, everyone feel that we have a fair share in the rising economy.
But in reality, wealth is never distributed equally and it never will.
2 people will share $800 and the other 8 people share the remaining $200.
Although the economy is good but the level of satisfaction among the 10 people is different. That is why, we have this problem here.

政府的话不能信, 能信的话一粒神仙飞上天。。。。。。。。。。。。。。
老百姓的生活苦啊!!!!

If our economy consists of 10 people, we created and add $1000 to our GDP. If we divided it equally among the 10 people, each of us will collect $100. In this case, everyone feel that we have a fair share in the rising economy.
But in reality, wealth is never distributed equally and it never will.
2 people will share $800 and the other 8 people share the remaining $200.
Although the economy is good but the level of satisfaction among the 10 people is different. That is why, we have this problem here.
Basically, yes, that'd be it.

But I'm not arguing whether the economy is good or bad. My argument is ONLY about whether or not personal pay has a direct link with the economy. And the answer is clear, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.