positive economic news onslaught ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rofl.

Personal pay =/= pay.

An appropriate analogy would be:

small picture versus big picture

On the whole, PAY (not personal pay , or an individual's pay) , or renumeration if you will, is LOOSELY linked to a country's economy. But there are only 8000 and even more factors in deciding an individual's pay, I suppose I do not have elaborate, oh wise adults who are experienced and far more perceptive beyond thy years; the argument which I put forth still applies.

If individual A is in a company which is doing crappily despite the good economy, he will not have any pay increase. If individual B is in a company which is doing well despite the bad economy, he will have a pay increase.

If you have not read my arguments closely from DAY ONE, I always stress the correct use of the term personal pay, not pay. This is not word play, there's a vast difference, I suppose Parjiao who has supposedly studied economics should know the difference but I'm not sure what's going on in his mind; perhaps stating that I am a kid lends more weight to his arguments.

I rest my case. O what a comedy this is becoming. If this is what growing up is supposed to encompass, ie. a lofty attitude that you can get away with posting ridiculous garbage because of no other qualification other than age; take me away to Never never land. =)
ROFL indeed... you only see things right in front of you and not beyond, that's the difference between us. Eventually they are tied.. whether you believe or not does not matter.

Rest your case? you didn't even make a good one in the first place. :nono:

../azul123

ROFL indeed... you only see things right in front of you and not beyond, that's the difference between us. Eventually they are tied.. whether you believe or not does not matter.

Rest your case? you didn't even make a good one in the first place. :nono:

../azul123
Thanks for the humorous comments regarding my English guys, I aim to please; no need to turn this into some.. Extremely fired up debate. If you notice, I prefer to take a lighter tone.

@azul123;

Anything you say, the truth is laid out here for all to see. Perhaps one day, mature discussion can take place between you and me; obviously not today however. Openness to ideas is a good thing, and if you feel that I have not been receptive enough to your ideas - I can tell you I have done so much more than you. =)

Happy New Year to everyone.

Anyone can explain why a job of similar funtions and capacity attract different level of pay when given a different set of economy? For example, why is there wage differences for a machine operator working in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and China?
Different living standards mainly, along with other things - once again at a micro level there are many factors. We can assume a standard set of common criteria, but these are just assumptions. Economic theory is just that - theoretical.

In general, the purchasing power of a machine operator in the three countries, unless there is a severe disparity between the labour market's available supply of people willing to take up the job, and there being a high demand for machine operators (which you'd agree, I hope, is an extreme case that is not commonly seen); would be roughly equal, ie. they would fall into the similar percentile of income group. Particularly for the 4 countries you have mentioned.

No progress package no talk. The economic is good when I have a good wad of cash in my wallet.

night86mare said:
Different living standards mainly, along with other things - once again at a micro level there are many factors. We can assume a standard set of common criteria, but these are just assumptions. Economic theory is just that - theoretical.

When you say something is theoretical, you are implying that it is not practical. Like any theory, they all begin as a postulation followed by proof before accepted by the community as a principle. It is a principle to us because it guides us, it explains why things happen they way they do, be it economics, mathematics, physics etc etc.

All I see in this paragraph is your own nonsensical theory, not economic theory nor principles that we are familiar with.

night86mare said:
In general, the purchasing power of a machine operator in the three countries, unless there is a severe disparity between the labour market's available supply of people willing to take up the job, and there being a high demand for machine operators (which you'd agree, I hope, is an extreme case that is not commonly seen); would be roughly equal, ie. they would fall into the similar percentile of income group. Particularly for the 4 countries you have mentioned.

Obfuscation. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.