Please Carry Me?

hellodano

Sep 20, 2009
Toa Payoh, Singapore
chloe.jpg

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
- Everything. I'm new to photography so I'm hoping to learn as much as I can from critique.

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
- My niece is a very sticky child and keeps asking to be carried, so I tried to capture how it is like from the adult's point of view looking at the child before picking the child up.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
- I took this photo during playtime with her. Well, babies move a lot, and she can't stand steadily yet, so I shot continuously. It was during daytime so the lights weren't on.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
- I'd like her features to be sharper in general (one eye is sharper than the other, etc). I would have loved to capture her hands completely stretched out towards me, but she can only stand holding on to something (in this case, my pants). Not sure which will look better. She's a cute baby, but I'd like to see if I captured something more in this picture.

Last edited:
Reload ?

Your " carry me " message does not carry out in " full ".

Outstretch hands should be seen complete, and the point of view could have been from top down, which is the natural approach whenever a kid / toddler needs someone to carry.
Doesn't matter if there is slight distortion, which is natural between adult and child, high and low, big and small.

Continue your recording of this cute little girl, it will be a valuable present when you compile all the pic and present her when she is 21.

too soft for my liking. focus on the eye.

looks alittle ghastly. skin tone (tad yellow) is probably off with the background.

hey dano!!!!! haha. :D

do you happen to have the EXIF data of the shot? What aperture did you shoot with? Yea i agree with the one eye is more in focus than the other. (kind of spotted that difference in focus)

with loads of cheers,
char. :)

the lighting here suggests that subject is backlit,

yet her face is so bright. have you done something to brighten up that area?