Status
Not open for further replies.

sprintist

Nov 13, 2006
Singapore
www.oddinary.com.sg
just sharing a shot taken out of many tries

2744320050_15fc2b15e2_b.jpg

realised that my due to cls, my pop up flash created a shadow behind the subject, very unsightly at least to me.

thanks for viewing :D

just sharing a shot taken out of many tries

2744320050_15fc2b15e2_b.jpg

realised that my due to cls, my pop up flash created a shadow behind the subject, very unsightly at least to me.

thanks for viewing :D

pity about the double shadow...else it would have been perfect. also if you had used a slightly slower shutter and zoomed in as the balls flew at the game you would have had a really cool shot!

pity about the double shadow...else it would have been perfect. also if you had used a slightly slower shutter and zoomed in as the balls flew at the game you would have had a really cool shot!

I am regretting about the shadow!

I agree, a slower shutter may help too but i decided to have a relatively sharper picture as i wanted to achieve an all around effect with the balls. Alternatively the balls could be pp-ed using motion blur hence giving me two options here. :)

I am regretting about the shadow!

I agree, a slower shutter may help too but i decided to have a relatively sharper picture as i wanted to achieve an all around effect with the balls. Alternatively the balls could be pp-ed using motion blur hence giving me two options here. :)

ps motion blur doesn't look as natural la...if you know what you're doing you can get it right on cam and no need for ps. Also if you time it right with your flash you will freeze him and get the balls in motion blur.

Personally, the balls looked PP-ed in to me because the lightings on them looks flat which contrast with the lighting on the subject.

Why not try a square crop? I thought it will look better because there isn't much things you want to show for the ceiling right?

ps motion blur doesn't look as natural la...if you know what you're doing you can get it right on cam and no need for ps. Also if you time it right with your flash you will freeze him and get the balls in motion blur.

no worries, point taken though i'll leave the balls alone though :D

Personally, the balls looked PP-ed in to me because the lightings on them looks flat which contrast with the lighting on the subject.

Why not try a square crop? I thought it will look better because there isn't much things you want to show for the ceiling right?

will be needing the 4x6 crop ratio though :confused:

will be needing the 4x6 crop ratio though :confused:
the point is that people feel that 4x6 is not most suitable for this composition, and not that you die die must live with it even though u agree. but do u?

the point is that people feel that 4x6 is not most suitable for this composition, and not that you die die must live with it even though u agree. but do u?

his prerogative la besides only 1 person has said 4x6 doesn't work.

i was wondering whether it would look nicer with more balls in it. i think u were shooting with a uwa so the perspective looks abit weird for me. i would like to see a smaller f/stop like f/16 so u can get all the balls in detail as well. i assume it was a omo since the balls seems to be from different heights.

use another SB800 to trigger...shoot it backwards or to the dir of ur slave

Good suggestion..

Or alternatively if TS dont have another SB800.. Can just use a piece of aluminum foil in front of the built-in flash to "direct" the flash to your flash on the right? :)

thx for the feedback, i left it as 4x6 for printing as did not want to have a square crop photo as part of a series, would have seem odd and out of the blue. the ceiling was mentioned to be distracting too, it was corrected to look symmetrical.

total balls i had was 8, a zillion tries bouncing and through throwing the best was having this and in quite a random yet well-scattered manner. now i've to choose between getting it tack sharp, or in motion :bsmilie:

regarding the built in flash, was totally my error, could have easily use my finger to direct it away. pure memory failure for that shot, even though i practiced it for other various shots.:thumbsd:

I apologise to go off-topic, but is this in SIM? I even recognise the dude! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.