Photography related injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much injuries, but usually I gotta sprained neck, tired eyes, and aching thighs due to squatting. Of course, usually my pants or bermudas will be dirty after a shoot.

I normally have a back strain from carrying so many lenses around. Too bad can't downgrade haha...

I was bitten by a ravishing vampire in a night shoot in a dilapidated haunted house.

The bite was not painful. In fact it was quite pleasurable at the end when she worked her tongue to suck out the blood.

TTbite-1.jpg

Anyone been injured as a direct or indirect result of photography?

I think I just strained my right wrist from carrying the camera for too long.

Interesting... This happened to me about a week ago too! The lower part of my right hand near the wrist was very painful. Fortunately, after about 5 days, it suddenly and miraculously healed. No more pain at all, no matter how I pressed it.

The funny thing is, before this injury, I was having pain in the same part but it was very minor and only hurt a bit when pressed. But I had been having this pain for a looong time. Then after this injury and after it healed, the old pain was gone too! So it was a blessing in disguise, I guess. I'm quite happy.

But then now I worry about getting such injuries again. Wonder if it becos the grip on my camera is too small (Canon 400D) and will changing to a larger camera help... or make it worse cos of the weight? Or will adding a wrist strap help? Anyway have any comments on these or similar experience?

Not quite an injury but I got peed on while taking dog photos before.. Was squatting down and waiting for the dog in front of me to settle down when i felt sth warm at my back :confused: Lucky I brought extra shirt to change.

That's funny.

my wallet seems pretty hard hit. :sweatsm:

Haaa... this applies to everyone, I guess. :sweat:

back pain until now also havent recover. very sad. :(

other than that is considered very minor lah. haha.

My shoulders... (from carrying camera bags)
Lower back from getting into all sorts of postures to shoot
My wrists from holding the camera and lens for long hours

my mind... from wracking to getting the shot I wanted... :bsmilie:

Spend all the money on cameras, can't afford food, starve to death. ;)

Does it go 'crrack' when you turn to the right ? Ha.... ;p

Well, on a more serious note, that means ur neck is strained and can pop. Mine's perpetually like that.... I don't think it's anything to worry about... If my head falls off, I'll let you know....;)

Haha ouch :D right is not affected.

The friction/sound from the cervical facet jts, I think. Better stop doing it if you're above 50yrs....

Uh oh. But I need to turn to the left to see what's on my left..

Finger got clipped on the flip locks whilst setting up my tripod :sweatsm: Scar became permanent reminder to self not to put fingers so close to the locks again

Oh yahh...... I kena G-Locked once. (pun on the name of the locking technology this particular brand uses.. owners will know) That tripod is real mean to the fingers when you slam it shut and your fingers catch in between the feet and the locks.

Never had any. But if I have to guess, we might see:

• Falling off from the ladder during an event shoot
  • Buying lenses that one's puny body can't afford (e.g. f/2.8 lenses)
  • Bruises after being shoved by an annoyed uncle at Chinatown

:bsmilie:

Never had any. But if I have to guess, we might see:

• Falling off from the ladder during an event shoot
  • Buying lenses that one's puny body can't afford (e.g. f/2.8 lenses)
  • Bruises after being shoved by an annoyed uncle at Chinatown

:bsmilie:

Nose bleed when shooting XMMs

stif neck after carrying cam for hrs. Cameras r heavy u know!

Strained my wrist once...

I did not make this up:

• My right index finger got fractured from triggering the shutter of my old RZ67.
  • I got a serious neck and chest pain from lagging my previous F4s.
  • I sustained a deep cut on my finger from my old Manfrotto tripod.
  • I got hit in the back by one of my assistant holding an Autopole.
  • I had skin rashes from hypoclear solution.

Wah... i wanted to bitch abt my part until i see this post. I decide to bear with my pain and not input any superficial wounds i have incurred.

Wah... i wanted to bitch abt my part until i see this post. I decide to bear with my pain and not input any superficial wounds i have incurred.

I was mentally affected by a bad critique someone gave me in a photo forum.

For months I couldn't bear to pick up the camera. I was in deep depression and in medication.

:sweat:

I was mentally affected by a bad critique someone gave me in a photo forum.

For months I couldn't bear to pick up the camera. I was in deep depression and in medication.

:sweat:

a knife would work better. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.