Photography related injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor84

Dec 6, 2005
Singapore
www.furry-photos.com
Not quite an injury but I got peed on while taking dog photos before.. Was squatting down and waiting for the dog in front of me to settle down when i felt sth warm at my back :confused: Lucky I brought extra shirt to change.

sloth

Jul 5, 2007
Neck has never been the same after putting too much in the Domke for too many years. Now I know my decision to go all f/4 (for weight) was the right one :cry:

Hey, I should also ask - when you turn your head to the left and it goes 'crrick', what's wrong with it?

ahbian

May 23, 2006
Neck has never been the same after putting too much in the Domke for too many years. Now I know my decision to go all f/4 (for weight) was the right one :cry:

Hey, I should also ask - when you turn your head to the left and it goes 'crrick', what's wrong with it?
Means got screw loose. :bsmilie:

My indirect injuries are minor, bashing through the dense vegetation in the rainto get to the Serangoon River - cuts, scratches, blisters plus flu.

Estherfu

Feb 28, 2008
Bukit Timah
www.estherfu.blogspot.com
Not quite an injury but I got peed on while taking dog photos before.. Was squatting down and waiting for the dog in front of me to settle down when i felt sth warm at my back :confused: Lucky I brought extra shirt to change.
:bsmilie:could have sent to the American Funniest home video and get price $.;)

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
Right back pain and left foot unable to bend due to too much weight on my right back (cross sling shoulder bag).

--> Got better after i changed my slippers to trekking sandals and buy another backpack for heavier lenses. :)

Eyes pain due to too much PP.

--> Which is why i always mistook ah ma on the streets as beautiful XMMs.:bsmilie:

ianwurn

Jul 30, 2008
East
I sustained eye injury due to shooting XMMs for too long. :)

The eye doctor advised using the hyperbolic distance for focussing.
What cussing ? ;p That sounds bad !

ianwurn

Jul 30, 2008
East
Does it go 'crrack' when you turn to the right ? Ha.... ;p

Well, on a more serious note, that means ur neck is strained and can pop. Mine's perpetually like that.... I don't think it's anything to worry about... If my head falls off, I'll let you know....;)

Photo injury wise, I had a sore index finger from shooting the airshow earlier this year. Doc said abrasions from multisnapilitis and gave me a bandage for the tip.

The friction/sound from the cervical facet jts, I think. Better stop doing it if you're above 50yrs....

I had total body ache after climbing that Mt Batur. My legs were so painful that I had to take analgesics before I could sleep.... all Sweeper's fault.....:bsmilie:

jacob

Deregistered
May 11, 2005
Former CS Senior Member
fractured toe when battery pack hit it. had to jump up and down a couple of times before the pain starts to slow down.

Leong23

Oct 18, 2007
within myself
I was stung by wasp in 3 different incident. Each time take weeks to fully recover.

photobum

Deregistered
Apr 17, 2005
I did not make this up:

• My right index finger got fractured from triggering the shutter of my old RZ67.
  • I got a serious neck and chest pain from lagging my previous F4s.
  • I sustained a deep cut on my finger from my old Manfrotto tripod.
  • I got hit in the back by one of my assistant holding an Autopole.
  • I had skin rashes from hypoclear solution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom