photography recommendations for Bangkok & Pattaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nov 3, 2005
CCK
www.bigstockphoto.com
going to bangkok for a one week holiday 30 nov - 6 dec, maybe have a day trip to pattaya also. would like get some recommendations from you guys.

5 dec is their king's birthday, i heard there would be a parade to celebrate that. anyone has seen the parade before? any tips for shooting the parade? :)

heh i just got back from Bangkok only yesterday.

i didnt do much shooting. only went to the Grand Palace. its a nice place for photos but after awhile the buildings all look the same to me lor, gold and pointy deco. -.-" besides it was really hot and i was sweating like a pig so din really walk around much.

haha i didnt think i helped much though. :sweat:

simplicity_ said:
heh i just got back from Bangkok only yesterday.

i didnt do much shooting. only went to the Grand Palace. its a nice place for photos but after awhile the buildings all look the same to me lor, gold and pointy deco. -.-" besides it was really hot and i was sweating like a pig so din really walk around much.

haha i didnt think i helped much though. :sweat:

thanks. :) hv they put up all those street deco for the king's birthday celebration?

Just came back from Bangkok last night, shooting wise, I only start snapping when i visited the Wat Phrad Cetuphon (Reclining Buddha), Wat Phrad Indrawihan (World tallest standing buddha) and some street candids at Chatucak Market. Other than that it's just shopping and shopping... Yes King's birthday is approaching but the deco is not up yet, should be a grand event, hopefully you can get some nice shots when you are there.

Ivan11 said:
Just came back from Bangkok last night, shooting wise, I only start snapping when i visited the Wat Phrad Cetuphon (Reclining Buddha), Wat Phrad Indrawihan (World tallest standing buddha) and some street candids at Chatucak Market. Other than that it's just shopping and shopping... Yes King's birthday is approaching but the deco is not up yet, should be a grand event, hopefully you can get some nice shots when you are there.
hahaha i went crazy at chatuchak market... bought alot of stuff.. almost cldnt fit into lugguage. :sweat:

1911 said:
thanks. :) hv they put up all those street deco for the king's birthday celebration?
nope.. didnt see any deco when i was there.

1911 said:
going to bangkok for a one week holiday 30 nov - 6 dec, maybe have a day trip to pattaya also. would like get some recommendations from you guys.

5 dec is their king's birthday, i heard there would be a parade to celebrate that. anyone has seen the parade before? any tips for shooting the parade? :)

Take anything you feel nice, look nice, can be nice, will come out nice, special, never see before object, ppls etc..:bsmilie:

As for the parade, go early find a good spot, make sure the sun don't shine direct to your camera.:rolleyes:

thanks for the inputs. does anyone know what time ususally do the monks go for their rounds for alms in the morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.