jeanie

May 19, 2005
what is the minimum pixels that i must have (height and width) for

4R
5R
8R and
super8R?

also, if i want to create a new canvas with a few pics shot at 10mp,
1)what should be the size of the canvas so that i can blow it till 'as big as possible'?
2)same question as (1) but i just want to blow to 8R?

depends on how good you want the quality to be.... use a calculator and work it out.

e.g. a 6x4 print at 300ppi needs maybe 2MP or so.

Depends on how far away you will be looking at the prints form and your personal tolaerance for detail. For 4 and 5R you will need around 300DPI (do the maths yourself :D ) Geneerally for larger prints you wont be viewing them as close so about 200DPI is pretty decent already. This is what I personally feel :)

Hi,

For example 4R=4"x6", if you create your pic with 300dpi (dpi=dot/pixel per inch), then you need 4"x300 by 6"x300 = 1200x1800pixel.

Regarding what dpi to use, it depends on how far you view your pic. For more details, read this thread.

what is the minimum pixels that i must have (height and width) for

4R
5R
8R and
super8R?

also, if i want to create a new canvas with a few pics shot at 10mp,
1)what should be the size of the canvas so that i can blow it till 'as big as possible'?
2)same question as (1) but i just want to blow to 8R?

Hi,

For example 4R=4"x6", if you create your pic with 300dpi (dpi=dot/pixel per inch), then you need 4"x300 by 6"x300 = 1200x1800pixel.

Regarding what dpi to use, it depends on how far you view your pic. For more details, read this thread.

thanks all for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.