pervert everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
denniskee said:
Sorry, I cant understand.

Case 1
We shoot "street candid", without the permission of the subject most of the time, but thats "street photography" cause we use a camera.

Case 2
We shoot "street candid", without the permission of the subject most of the time, but thats "pervert" cause we use handphone.

Pls enlighten me.

this dumb debate could go on forever ...

anyways imho .. look in the street subforum ... do u see any pics of attractive females being snapped unawares? ... i dunno .. somehow i don't find any ... i think its basically the way you approach it, and the intention ... i know we'll never know what intentions that guy with the 1d or the d2h has when he's streetshooting .. but i don't think its any dark desire =/

Much like sometimes the organizer stop me from shooting during some free concert just because I used 70-200 f2.8 aka big lens (not using flash). While they let audiance using compact camera still firing away (with flash).

Somtimes, some things just got no logic. :dunno:

The Minister himself clarified that taking a picture of someone in public with or without their knowledge, using a camera-phone is not an offence unless it invlolves obscenities like upskirt

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/96838/1/.html

Quoted from CNA (in case it getss archived)

Current laws adequate to deal with misuse of camera-phones: Home Affairs Minister
By Hasnita A. Majid, Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE : Home Affairs Minister Wong Kan Seng has said it is not an offence to take photographs of people in a public place, with or without their knowledge, using a camera-phone.

But he said that it is already an offence to use a camera-phone in certain ways, for example, as a hidden camera in a changing room or to take photos up a woman's skirt.

It is also an offence to take obscene photos of any persons.

He added that the existing laws are adequate to deal with such misuse of mobile phones.

Mr Wong was responding to Non-Constituency MP Steve Chia, who had asked during the Parliament debate on Tuesday if laws to prevent the abuse of camera-phones will be introduced to safeguard the privacy of individuals. - CNA

I'm afraid in this instance, there is no case against the guy since no upskirt is involved.

I happen to come across this thread and another thread http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=124467

It puzzles me how come the reaction from this thread is so negative, people are so supportive of jiujiu in chasing after the 'pervert', shouting molest, etc...

What's the difference between the action taken by zaren and the one taken by 'pervert'? Zaren is a photographer but 'pervert' is not?

If there are no difference, why isn't there a protest in his thread and there's such a big 'hoo haa' over here?

I'm just curious and this thread is certainly not aimed at Zaren.

I just can't understand people's behaviours at times.

Cheers ;)

take out the flash and flash it right into his eye... work like flash bang... try it on myself before when i accident press the test button... WoOoh, will be blur for the next 30s

the above joke aside, I still feel that to take a photo of anyone without permission and run off is abit bad loh even it not a obsense photo. At least smile back at him or her and tell the intention if the person what to know...

Been through this twice when the camera phone first hit the market. One of them shoot le just ran off... I'm super super mad. The second case, shoot le, walkup to me and tell me the intention. See the different?

jiu jiu,

Why not introducing www.clubsnap.org to this guy, here got so many photoshooting session. Instead of taking your pic in MRT, why not having you as a part time model in a nicer place. lol.

btw next time you encounter this, you can at most scold the guy for shooting you without seeking permission. Don't over do it, otherwise you might get yourself into trouble.

Don't over do it, otherwise you might get yourself into trouble.

thats true... not everyone has 'dark intentions' when they take you with a camera phone... i wouldn't worry too much, but for the moment, i might be pissed off if it did happen to me :)

zaren said:
sgguys are more chivalrous than u think.

Hmm. That brings up the last time I was harassed in the train.

I boarded the train at Raffles Place on my way to school. I was wearing a knitted pink long sleeved top and a knee length black skirt.
Upon seeing no seats, I moved to the middle of the carridge. When the train was at Tanjong Pagar, I noticed a man, who was sitting down, leering at me. When I glared at him, he smirked at me and continued to look at me in that disrespectful manner.

I moved to the left and his eyes followed me. I glared at him some more and decided to ignore him. This continued until the train was at Redhill and he decided he had enough of staring at my chest and had a little nap.
The couple directly in front of me noticed my discomfort, but didn't bother to know what that was.

I decided to take matters in my own hands.
I called one of my girl classmates on my phone and proceeded to tell her (very loudly) what happened to me and I described the man (very loudly) to her. Even then, nobody helped me. I guess by that point in time, they knew I didn't need help. LOL.

When that man alighted the train at Buona Vista, he didn't even look at me.
I wonder if he understood me as he looked as if he worked at a construction site and he had muddy black boots. He was wearing a red shirt unbuttoned at the tummy.
I will never forget his small piggy eyes. Ever. And his thick gold chain.

Never harass a female photographer, guys. Some of us have really sharp eyes and we can describe the smallest details.

The point was, nobody helped me even though the train carridge was full?
Singaporean guys... Chivalrous? I beg to differ.

Poledra said:

You women wanted equality what... so let you women handle it on your own lor... heehee...

Poledra,

What would your IDEAL situation be, say there was indeed a chivalrous (non-singaporean?) guy right next to you?

enlighten me, so i may learn.

sorree if i sound sarcastic, i really dun intend to, but pls, share with me what you ideal man would do in the situation u described above.

Poledra said:
Never harass a female photographer, guys. Some of us have really sharp eyes and we can describe the smallest details.

and a loud voice too... :bsmilie:

Chivalry is BS. Compassion is the only virtue people should have.

jiujiu said:
r u abit muscular............. black hair with big eyes....... i oredi curse him............. maybe he die liao!!! :eek:

WOAH!!! Must be the guy Astin talking about... put HP in toilet, got knocked down by bus... U :thumbsup: man!

Perhaps that's because the act complained of is hard to say for sure its happening, at least from the standpoint of the third party bystander.

You expect the third party bystander to go up to the other guy and say:

"I think that this lady is uncomfortable by your stares, could you stop doing this?"

The question is, if the nice third party bystander gets punched in the face by the perpetrator, I suppose you would also have no qualms to accompany him to make a police report, then accompany him to the hospital, sit with him until the doctor's done, and pay his bills, send him home and follow up with a get well card/gift a few days later?

Poledra said:
Hmm. That brings up the last time I was harassed in the train.

I boarded the train at Raffles Place on my way to school. I was wearing a knitted pink long sleeved top and a knee length black skirt.
Upon seeing no seats, I moved to the middle of the carridge. When the train was at Tanjong Pagar, I noticed a man, who was sitting down, leering at me. When I glared at him, he smirked at me and continued to look at me in that disrespectful manner.

I moved to the left and his eyes followed me. I glared at him some more and decided to ignore him. This continued until the train was at Redhill and he decided he had enough of staring at my chest and had a little nap.
The couple directly in front of me noticed my discomfort, but didn't bother to know what that was.

I decided to take matters in my own hands.
I called one of my girl classmates on my phone and proceeded to tell her (very loudly) what happened to me and I described the man (very loudly) to her. Even then, nobody helped me. I guess by that point in time, they knew I didn't need help. LOL.

When that man alighted the train at Buona Vista, he didn't even look at me.
I wonder if he understood me as he looked as if he worked at a construction site and he had muddy black boots. He was wearing a red shirt unbuttoned at the tummy.
I will never forget his small piggy eyes. Ever. And his thick gold chain.

MAUAHAHHAHAHAhahahhaha

oh geez, forgive my outburst.. but that was FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bsmilie:

just a moment while i get back onto my chair pls.... ok thanx.

Hmmmm.......indeed. The girl has to be a clear cut beauty for anybody to think that she has been harassed. If not, any normal looking girl who self-proclaimed to have been harassed would probably thought by others to have been a loony. Alternatively, the person who ogle at the normal looking girl must be loony then. Anyway, who knows who is staring at who? As the old saying goes, if you don't stare at me, how you know I am staring at you? :bsmilie:

Yezrah said:
Hmmmm.......indeed. The girl has to be a clear cut beauty for anybody to think that she has been harassed. If not, any normal looking girl who self-proclaimed to have been harassed would probably thought by others to have been a loony. Alternatively, the person who ogle at the normal looking girl must be loony then. Anyway, who knows who is staring at who? As the old saying goes, if you don't stare at me, how you know I am staring at you? :bsmilie:

:bsmilie:

to poledra: I think its a compliment to be stared at(not the i-not-happy kind la).

And it is not fair to say that a guy isn't chivalrous if he doesn't help you in such situations. How would he know if that man(who was staring at u) isn't your friend or related to u. How should he go about helping u and what trouble might he get himself into if he did help u?

Don't be too angry over that incident k? :)
Besides, how many guys dare to stare so shamelessly at girls?
Take it as a freaky day yea?

*i once was accussed by an old man of saying something in malay(i dunno malay) which provoked him and he scolded and showed me the finger countless times on in a packed train and he even threatened to fight me but boast that didnt want to coz i'm 'too young' for him*

freak incidents do happen.
sometimes walking away from it can be the best option. I applaud you for not confronting that guy directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.