pervert everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know what u mean... imho, i think you are too uptight with e word "pervert"
whether or not a person with fancy gears or a cam hp is a pervert or not is entirely up to the affected party to say/feel so... in this case, if jiujiu feels that e person with e hp cam is a "pervert" or maybe we dun use this word, how about "RUDE"?

if the affected party feels threaten and or offended by the action of the other person, it doesn really matter what the heck the eq the person is using right? dun tell me u mean to say that if someone with a 1dsmkII walks up to jiujiu (or whoever) and shoot in the person face the person will feel happy/honoured?

and lastly... telephoto lens are not "that" hard to get... what makes u say they are not easily accessible compared to hps? a cheap tele photo cost about the same price (or even lesser) than some hp in the market nowadays... unless u are talking about those top of the end lenses and all~ oh, and if the person is (in a sense) a real "photog", he/she would know what/when to take, and when is he/she crossing the border of offending pp. =)

just my thoughts that all...

the act of getting 'that photo' is wrong....definitely there are better and discreet ways of getting the photo.

People don't just run up to you, take a shot and run away.
It's too sudden...invasion of privacy and gives an impression that you know you are doing something wrong. (hence the need to take a shot in a hurry and run away?)

What if it's a crazed dude, smashes a bottle on your head, grabs your personal belongings and runs away?

or

What if someone runs up to you, molests you and runs away?

What would you do, if it was your mother or sister who was 'photographed' by a man, and that runs off. First reaction would be to catch the bugger, rough him up right?

That dude probably will regret having the thought of photographing others in the face (and running away). No doubt it's not against the law for taking photos, but it's not against the law to retaliate in self defence when under threat as well. (since the aggressor has made the first move)

There was an unfortunate incident last week at Bedok.
Apprently this young man was suspected of putting a camera phone inside a woman's toilet, his trick was discovered by a student, then he was chased by groups and was caught, someone shouted "call police", young man tried to escape desperately and then was run over by a bus, dead on spot.

Ummm... after going through this thread... I very :confused: :confused: liao.

So is taking streets and candid "rude" or is it the fact that the person "boldly" take a pic right in fron of your face "rude"?

How about sniping with long lens diffferent from the above? :dunno:

i guess its hard to say...
maybe when the person u taking is offended perhaps then its considered rude..?

astin - i didn see that news though, but its really unfortunate... =(

Try to get some guys to stop him first.
Call the police !!

Let the police deal with the pervert.

~Arcanic~ said:
.. usually photog are more discreet when taking streets, not to this case where that person just went to her face and take pic lo~

Ok.. point taken.
So discreet pervert is called photographer.
:thumbsup:

IIRC, most phone cams need at least 1 - 2 seconds for the pic to stablise in their LCD screens else motion blur sets in, so while he was composing your pic during this 1 to 2 seconds.. what were you doing? If he just sprung out and pressed snap instantly, unless his hp has USM/HSW/SWM and VR/IS/OS/OIS/etc... at ISO 1600 doing shutter 1/500.. I'm sure your pic isn't sharp and is distorted by motion blur/handshake/ etc..

If you did nothing to defend yourself, don't expect others to stop their actions.

Can I ask which case/law it is that you're referring which talks about the test of unreasonable lengths to determine legality of shooting a picture in public of a person?

Thanks!

ckuang said:
it is legal to shoot a picture in public of a person in public as long as a person is found not to have gone to unreasonable lengths to acquire that picture. Know what that means? It means that the cell phone guy is actually legal, the cell phone camera being easily accessible, while a judge may deem shooting a person in public with a telephoto lens, which is not as easily accessible, as having gone to unreasonable lengths.

Edited to correct tags

popeye said:
Ok.. point taken.
So discreet pervert is called photographer.
:thumbsup:

:bsmilie: lolx, man... you are missing my point...

read my other post le... =)

~Arcanic~ said:
...and if the person is (in a sense) a real "photog", he/she would know what/when to take, and when is he/she crossing the border of offending pp.

jiujiu said:
hey everyone out there......

wat will u do if u realise smone is using thier hp camera to shoot u?????

i m veri piss off........ encounter this many times........

any suggestion????? ;(

i will be happy as the photographer is a pretty gal :embrass:

jiujiu said:
hey everyone out there......

wat will u do if u realise smone is using thier hp camera to shoot u?????

i m veri piss off........ encounter this many times........

any suggestion????? ;(

You should be happy... At least got pple want your photo.

Next time pose....... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

jokes aside.

any kind lawyer here can gif some free advice here?

if the person whose picture is kenna taken felt offended, no matter if it is using a handphone "on the face" or 400mm L zoom lenses "20m away", can make police report and will the police charged the bugger or not?

n if the police does not charged such casees, can sue the bugger or not?

Witness said:
disturbing le the tings ppl do..

juz shout out la.. "pervert"
i dun believe that NO singaporean guys on public transport wun lend a helping hand..

cheers..
singapore guys lend a helping hand?

they don't even give up their seats.

:(

judeseah said:
singapore guys lend a helping hand?

they don't even give up their seats.

:(

sgguys are more chivalrous than u think.

jamestan said:
You should be happy... At least got pple want your photo.

Next time pose....... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
hv no choice but to agree,
i m a photographer u know?

anyway,
how singapore survives as a tourism nation?
most of us are not friendly,
all of us camera shy.

for the thread starter,
can understand if the fellow point straight into ur face,
but 1 question,
if he had ask, would u agree?
cos if u don't,
there will be another writer on the other thread,
"wat will u do if u can turn back the clock?"

he would do what he had done in the 1st place.

cheer up, take it as a compliment!

:)

zaren said:
sgguys are more chivalrous than u think.
hv to agree,
but the key word here is SOME.

pathetic little SOME.

but i do believe most CSers r,
from the way they offer help to one another.

:)

ckuang said:
I find the responses on this thread so hypocritical. So some guy shoots a picture with hp and he's a pervert while hundreds of clubsnap members roam around Singapore with their telephoto lenses all weekend long doing street photography, and god knows what they're shooting with those long lenses, and they're photographers? Give me a break.

We only shoot old women crossing the streets lah.

Most of them show us an appreciative toothless grin.

:sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.