Perth , WA, Australia

ortega

Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
I just came back from perth.

Some useful information/tips

I got 2 pre paid cards from "yes optus" and brought my own phones
the SIM card is free and i put A$10 credit in each, so it lasts me 5 days.
if you need to make calls back to spore it costs A$1 for 10 mins, just add credit if needed

i used their "$2 days plan"

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/prepaidmobile/2dollardays

so for A$2 per day, i get unlimited local calls in australia, unlimited SMS and unlimited data.
I use the unlimited data to make IDD calls and use the map and search stuff.

use the free CAT service in Perth CBD. Fremantle and Joondalup

High frequency bus services

when buying tickets for trains and entry to attractions and traveling with your family, do speak to the people there and ask them for help.
there are concessions for seniors and children, i got a "family rider" ticket for unlimited travel for the day

Ticket types

I suppose it's a new plan? :)
Didn't find it the last time I was in Australia in 2010.
Wish they had cheaper "broadband on mobile" plans for short-term use. Useful for making travel arrangements on-the-go.

I suppose it's a new plan? :)
Didn't find it the last time I was in Australia in 2010.
Wish they had cheaper "broadband on mobile" plans for short-term use. Useful for making travel arrangements on-the-go.

phones are cheaper there too
so are toys and books

The last time I was in Perth, I booked accommodation through DiscoverWest, and they claimed to offer free airport transfers to the hotel. But somehow it didn't materialize. Nobody at the airport seemed to know about this, and neither was it visible anywhere around the (fairly small) airport terminal.

ended up having to pay for the airport bus to town... :think:

Not forgetting Fish n Chips and Sashimi.... ;p
but that's digressing.... :)

Oh... and pizza is also cheaper :)

Not forgetting properties and cars too.

I stayed at antonas verandah apartments at north bridge, free wifi, washing machine, kitchen and near good food