People I met at Tibet - A Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
14. Vesak at Jokhang
Continue from thread #72

Here are more pix to show some of the people I met during the Vesak day...they might
not call it Vesak. No buring of "paper money" offered. Dry grass was used
for burning instead.

14A
Devotee with big bag of dry grass for burning instead of Paper money.

DSC_1446amsfz.jpg

14B
Devotee did there offering in order.. very "Civilised " :)
DSC_1451asMz.jpg

14C
From various part of Tibet and old age has not deter them from coming form far ..
DSC_1463asz.jpg

more pix at thread # 92

Beautiful pictures you've got there. Tibet is a beautiful country, and I can feel what you must have felt when you visited these rafters of the world. I was fortunate enough to have driven a 4x4 overland from Kuala Lumpur to India, driving through Thailand, Laos, Yunan, and Sichuan, and entering Tibet, Nepal and India from the North. We drove leisurely for more than 50 days before reaching India and shipping our vehicles back to Malaysia from Chennai. We camped in the shadows of the North Face of Mt Everest, crossing the Himalayas through magnificent passes as high as 5200 meters savouring views much like the picture below, which literally takes your breath away. Tibet is the place that most people promise themselves that they will one day visit. But alas, not many of them do that. You should go visit Tibet before the Hans completely overwhelm the unique culture of Tibet .....

3005-Tibet-4500m-Snowline.jpg

Here is a picture of the Potola Palace shot with the humble Nikon Coolpix 995:-

3010-Potola-Palace-Lhasa.jpg

Life is hard in the high altitude desert that most of Tibet is. And the hardship is clearly seen in the faces of most elderly Tibetans. The biting cold of winter, the UV radiation reflected off the snow and ice, the dust and wind - they all extract a toll from everyone. This woman was crouching behind a rubble wall - to try and get a bit of relief from the cold wind. She has had a harsh life...

Face-of-Hardship.jpg

Thanks digitalartist for sharing your exp and photos on my thread.
I wish i can travel as long as you. Keep in touch and maybe I can join u
in one of those trip.:)
My most recent trip was to Yunan, loupind,yuanmo and yuanyang...have u been there?
Good to venture yuanmo( you can see it in the recent movie call The Promise)
, before it turns commercialized very soon coz of the movie.

Very nice and inspiring pictures. Would be nice to see it publish as a coffee table book.:thumbsup:

garytan007 said:
Very nice and inspiring pictures. Would be nice to see it publish as a coffee table book.:thumbsup:
Thanks garytan007 for viewing and comments. Wish to one day... :)

ZeroDivine said:
14A the color and tone really good.. love it.. very magazine style :)
Thanks Zero for your compliment... imagine those thin paper magazine .:bsmilie:

Hi Hosea, although I have not gone thru all the pictues in this forum but this thread is one that I'll not get tired of or should I say your pictures.:) Very good work.:thumbsup:

LucidaM said:
Hi Hosea, although I have not gone thru all the pictues in this forum but this thread is one that I'll not get tired of or should I say your pictures.:) Very good work.:thumbsup:
Hi LucidaM, your words are encouraging coz I was wondering whether others would get bored with this thread :)
I just wish to share my traveling exp. through photos though some shots are not outstanding .
Thanks.

quality photos worthy of viewing time after time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

15. Yellow Sect Lamas

A little yellow sect lama in his hurry this morning..

DSC_2648amfz1.jpg

more pix at thread #93

16. Yellow Sect Lamas

Yellow sect lamas in yellow rob and hat.
The monk in red rob might be going to kitchen...

DSC_2658afz.jpg

more pix at thread 98

i like those dusty feeling. is it really that dusty and does your camera need plenty of cleaning?

zoossh said:
i like those dusty feeling. is it really that dusty and does your camera need plenty of cleaning?
Hi zoossh, Tibet is tad dusty but not really that bad unless it is windy.
I tried not to change lens and use just one type of lens for each day of the trip.
Thanks for your comments and how is your photog going on? Didnt see any posting
from you for some time.;)

Hosea said:
Hi zoossh, Tibet is tad dusty but not really that bad unless it is windy.
I tried not to change lens and use just one type of lens for each day of the trip.
Thanks for your comments and how is your photog going on? Didnt see any posting
from you for some time.;)

actually i wanted to ask if those pictures are fresh out of camera or are they processed. becos i have never really taken pictures in a very dusty place and i dunno if they would look like that. they look very chalky and the colors are more earthy but the mood are just splendid. how are they done? with a high ISO? or by photoediting?

as for me, nothing to show lately, cos i realised that my pictures lacks punch and need to be edited, at least to narrow the levels input (0-255 to maybe 40-250; i dunno what that is called actually). and that takes some time, so i didn;t really post them....

zoossh said:
actually i wanted to ask if those pictures are fresh out of camera or are they processed. becos i have never really taken pictures in a very dusty place and i dunno if they would look like that. they look very chalky and the colors are more earthy but the mood are just splendid. how are they done? with a high ISO? or by photoediting?

as for me, nothing to show lately, cos i realised that my pictures lacks punch and need to be edited, at least to narrow the levels input (0-255 to maybe 40-250; i dunno what that is called actually). and that takes some time, so i didn;t really post them....
13 and 14's series are processed , I added grain (noise) to the smoke and do some contrast & saturation to it.

15 & 16 just need simple auto contrast from Nik Edit as the morning light is good.

btw, if u r using nikon d70, an auto contrast by nikon edit + low sharpening is normally sufficient unless
the pix are really under exp or over exp or when u wanted to create some effect such as pix 13& 14... just my opinion.
I am no good in PS.

17. Scripture debating

At around 3:30pm.. these monks will gather together and debate on what
they had learn from their scriptures..
An interesting sight..
DSC_1664aMz.jpg

more pix at thread #99

19. long Shadow

Looking at them.. evokes a kind of feeling for this mother and child long shadow..

19A
DSC_2534aFz.jpg

19B
DSC_2535afz.jpg

more pix at thread 100

20.Little girls

Two little girls at Namtso lake came by to collect empty bottles...

DSC_3294a-8Rz.jpg

more pix at....103

Status
Not open for further replies.