IMGP4658-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Some more from me..:D

Great family time.
IMGP9706-2.jpg

Tks Ben for giving me a chance to try out this lens..( FA 85 1.4 )..:devil:
some try shots taken with this..:sweat:

IMGP9728-1.jpg

.....Eighty five one point four continue.....

Hmm! so delicious.
IMGP9721-1.jpg

Tirsty...panas! panas!
IMGP9683.jpg

Happy man!
IMGP9684.jpg

My new addition of the day..M 35 f2.8...Cheap & good right..;) but i need
sometime to get use to it.

some test shots.

IMGP9803.jpg

IMGP9754.jpg

Thanks Darren & Ben for your kind comments,here another shot with the bee closer to the flower.

IMGP9558.jpg

Hey, thanks Lawrence for the comments and candid... didn't even know you were shooting.
Actually have to thank Des for the enabling me to get the wide angle shot.
You got some pretty nice shots too. :thumbsup:
So I'm sure you liked the FA 85 f/1.4... try before buy? :bsmilie:

BTW Baracus, those are some great shots... I like them all.

My 1st visit to Hort Park,nice meeting you guys again & great to see some of the new
faces during the outing..We shall all look forward for a more interesting oct' outing..Cheers!

Pls enjoy & tks for viewing.

IMGP9573-1.jpg

So you got a flying bee! That's nice :thumbsup:

This is my " DOUBLE FIRST " - first attempt in learning to use the flash system and macro . Not much to contribute though ...

C & C are welcome :-

IMGP0063.jpg

#2 This guy probably just emerged from the " Battle of Britain " - wing tips are torn ... he..he..

IMGP0101.jpg

IMGP0080.jpg

Nice try, Franz. But I do feel they are a bit under exposed. Maybe because the built-in flash you used. Next time you should give your 540 flash a try :)

I'm curious about those diffuser thingy many other photographers were using on the on-camera flash (a lady even had a DIY one made from translucent milk bottle).

Anyone has tried this? How are the results?

Being new to macro, I opted for a shoe mounted flash with a bounce card to direct the lighting to the butterflies. This seems to be inadequate, since I was losing too much light with the flash directed up. It took up lots of flash power as well (probably 1/2 pwr) which resulted in some missed shots as the flash was recharging.

Some butterfly shots:
3957563098_883a3e70e3_o.jpg

A diffuser can make the results look more natural, the light won't be too harsh. Or better yet, you can try to use more than 1 flashes to achieve even better results.

But I myself isn't a flash guy, so most time I just use a straight on flash :D

Flowers
======
So much to take.
I didn't want to stick to the F100/2.8 for the whole photo shoot. Took this as a chance to use the M85/2. Most of the close ups done with M85/2. Macro type shots F100/2

These results from M85 look great! It's one of the hidden gem from Pentax I think :)

Thanks Denis and Fengwei. Like your Macros. :)

(Don't) Drink

3958781640_d5071fa8d9.jpg

Should Have Brought My CPL

3958006055_c8e57238d6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.