Pentaxians Aug 2011 Outing - pls share your photos here...

Great images as usual from you guys. Pentaxians rocks :thumbsup:

Darren, really nice video! Is it possible to edit the video contrast and color tone just like photoshop? Then can shoot a movie with pentax already...

Some photos from my camera..

IMGP2127.jpg

IMGP2128.jpg

IMGP2130.jpg

IMGP2169.jpg

IMGP2180.jpg

random stuff... somehow enjoy a bit vignetting this time

IMGP2139.jpg

IMGP2154.jpg

IMGP2165.jpg

IMGP2177.jpg

IMGP2189.jpg

IMGP2175.jpg

Bernard's GXR really looks lovely, plan to get one in the future..
IMGP2171.jpg

A50 @1.2
IMGP2198.jpg

Pentaxian Lady
IMGP2215.jpg

nice photo guys. just put me to shame for posting mine overhere. thx darren for the video =)

Finally managed to get this video thing to work. This is my first time working with video so the results aren't too great. Nevertheless, I hope I managed to showcase the enthusiasm and the helpful spirit of the Pentaxian community and our monthly outings. I think you have to click through to Vimeo to watch it in HD, and make sure to put it on full screen too.

hi darren, i enjoy every minutes of the video. well done.
post the video in pf?

Last edited:
Darren, thanks for the nice video, it makes this outing more memorable than others.

Great video Darren. I feel as if I was there too! Do share on how you did this. It may be the start of more HD videos from Pentax cameras! :)

Darren, very nice video. Well done. Really enjoy it.:D

Darren, really nice video! Is it possible to edit the video contrast and color tone just like photoshop? Then can shoot a movie with pentax already...

I was using Final Cut Pro X and it's quite easy to edit the contrast, saturation, color tone, etc of the video clips. I think Pentax video is limited in the manual controls over ISO and shutter speed, and can't manually set the audio gain. So it's not ideal for proper movie work, but for simple video fun it's good enough.

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to edit the sharpening of the video. When I shot it I was following recommendations to turn sharpness, saturation and contrast down, so now the video is slightly fuzzy. Still learning!

Finally managed to get this video thing to work. This is my first time working with video so the results aren't too great. Nevertheless, I hope I managed to showcase the enthusiasm and the helpful spirit of the Pentaxian community and our monthly outings. I think you have to click through to Vimeo to watch it in HD, and make sure to put it on full screen too.

Man, this is really cool!

After watching it, my wife asked me to lose some weight so I'd look better in videos :(

Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback on the video!

I found a new trick on FCPX today that allows me to apply a global color correction to the entire video clip, so I've uploaded a new version that to me looks better and less SOOC (straight out of cam). As usual, HD on vimeo site itself

[video=vimeo;27725364]http://vimeo.com/27725364[/video]

Last edited:
nice vid darren...:thumbsup::heart:

Hi guys.. nice meeting some of you, unfortunately I couldn't join the shoot as I was called off before it even began ...

Here's the chief and his trusty tools
6045933509_090699ce8b_z.jpg

This is as far as I've gone with the outing ... maybe next time ..
6045933733_3fe22bb0ac_z.jpg

i was refering to the irony in the background..of cos no disrespect. post deleted to prevent anymore misunderstanding :)

sorry if i am too harsh on my comment =) cheers

sorry if i am too harsh on my comment =) cheers

no problem. the pic is on page 3, go have a laugh..deliberate or not, cool capture from creampuff :bsmilie:

i blame creampuff for this =)

i was refering to the irony in the background..of cos no disrespect. post deleted to prevent anymore misunderstanding :)

I see. Next time, be careful of what to say. Let's forget this small misunderstanding and look forward to next outing.