Pentax or Canon??

Nope. You are right on top of the topic.

Thanks for sharing.

It is about finding that connection. I have always been connected to Nikon since my family has been using Nikon since the beginning of time. We had some Contax , Pentax SLRs, and who can forget the first ever AF camera Minolta 7000. We had those, some were sold some were given away. But the Nikons were always there, came in to our family and never left. We are not fan boys btw. We also have some classic models from other brands that never really left us since they came in. Including a Contax RF.

Pentax is first to have the Autofocus SLR in Market model is ME-F, very similar to ME-Super, My cousin have thsi camera when it was just on the market

extracted from wikipedia
The Pentax ME-F, which used focus sensors in the camera body coupled with a motorized lens, became the first autofocus 35 mm SLR in 1981.

Last edited:
Does my k20 have dis function? Panorama?

Pix shoot using a Pentax K100Ds merely a 6.1 maga pixel DSLR with DA* 16-50 lens in UK , Dover , White Cliff, it is avery entry level DSLR, Function wise on this cam is noting compare to K20D

t84suu.jpg

2iuyo83.jpg

Pentax is first to have the Autofocus SLR in Market model is ME-F, very similar to ME-Super, My cousin have thsi camera when it was just on the market

extracted from wikipedia
The Pentax ME-F, which used focus sensors in the camera body coupled with a motorized lens, became the first autofocus 35 mm SLR in 1981.

The Pentax ME-F have the first focus sensor in a SLR. But only had one single lens that is AF with in-lens motor, and it was never designed as a fully AF system. Apart from that single lens, all you get is just a focus confirmation with other lenses. Not a true full AF SLR system if you ask me. But I think it paved the way for other AF cameras. It took 4 more years before Minolta came out with Full electronic AF lens mount SLR system. It pretty much rocked the world.

I still remember the day my dad brought the 7000 home. Showed me this wonderful thing called autofocus SLR. It was hella loud compared to today's standards. But at that time, I felt it was magic... I spent many days just taking the cam out of my dad's dry boxes just to half press the shutter to watch the lens focus ring turn....

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/maxxum7k/index.htm

in 1981, Pentax drew the first blood by introduced a camera called Pentax ME-F which carried a focus assist feature, it was a manual precursor to autofocus technology where, when subject is in focus, a focus confirmation LED light will grow and supplemented by audible confirmation. A dedicated SMCP-AF 35-70mm Zoom with an internal motor inside was also being designed for this camera. Overall, you can claimed Pentax has introduced the first autofocus SLR employing a TTL autofocus sensor.

However, a relatively low profile Minolta rocked the entire photographic community in January 1985 with a new breed of AF camera which has a revolutionary concept that made it differed from other "mainstream industrial design" adopted by other makers. "New" because there were two major factors of which one of them has a great impact to the existing Minolta users - the Company decided to drop support for the older MC/MD mount and replaced with an fully electronic lens mount with no backward compatibility. But a more important element is, the Maxxum 7000 AF SLR camera was the first true system AF SLR with an body integrated AF design with a host of new AF lenses built around the camera.

Last edited:
Neither does a Canon or any other DSLR :)
But you certainly can take the photos and do the panorama later with a good program like photoshop.

As mentioned before. Learn about your camera. Take more photos and join the outings.

Go for the outings. The one for Oct is happening soon. Don't even need to tell ppl that you are Dormant (in case ppl :kok: you ):bsmilie:
The Pentaxians outings are always fun, friendly and informative. You yourself have read through at least one of the outing threads, so you know they are a supportive bunch.

Yes, you may have started out wanting a nice big necklace to hang around the neck which is a fashionable thing to do nowadays, but grow beyond that and show that you know how to use it too. ;)

Pentaxians are a very friendly bunch. We have young kids and old seniors too. I joined them sometimes and am very impressed by the family culture. Who knows...you might make some memorable friends. Fengwei...where are you? :cool:

I was very proud of my Pentax pns shoot camera. :lovegrin: Until one day I dropped it into seawater. :cry:

Hi all, I'm back..! First of all, thx all for giving opinion, suggestion n etc.. i appreciate it. I do hope i can join the outing oneday but most of d outing was on Saturday as I'm working on Saturday, my offday is not fix and sometimes is on weekdays (rotate), i need to give one mth in advance to apply leave and it is not confirm yet that i can get. I often look at d "gathering n outing" but sad coz I can only c the no of joining the outing increase! I sometimes will think of tk a MC just to join d outing!..how silly i am! So, not bcoz im Dormant......hope oneday my name will appear in d outing list! Maybe i really need someone to guide me, as mention attach to one of d senior but is there any friendly senior who free on weekday to guide me? Instantly, wish to c with my own eyes..what is d outcome of my k20 by a senior...
Oh ya, thx to wootsk!

Hi all, I'm back..! First of all, thx all for giving opinion, suggestion n etc.. i appreciate it. I do hope i can join the outing oneday but most of d outing was on Saturday as I'm working on Saturday, my offday is not fix and sometimes is on weekdays (rotate), i need to give one mth in advance to apply leave and it is not confirm yet that i can get. I often look at d "gathering n outing" but sad coz I can only c the no of joining the outing increase! I sometimes will think of tk a MC just to join d outing!..how silly i am! So, not bcoz im Dormant......hope oneday my name will appear in d outing list! Maybe i really need someone to guide me, as mention attach to one of d senior but is there any friendly senior who free on weekday to guide me? Instantly, wish to c with my own eyes..what is d outcome of my k20 by a senior...
Oh ya, thx to wootsk!

Dun worry about it, pentaxians have their own monthly outing also, refer to the link.
They are going to little india this month, you can try to join;) Even if you cant, they will be having outing every month.

With all pentax user there, i'm sure the old birds will be glad to guide you;) http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6563414#post6563414

Dun worry about it, pentaxians have their own monthly outing also, refer to the link.
They are going to little india this month, you can try to join;) Even if you cant, they will be having outing every month.

With all pentax user there, i'm sure the old birds will be glad to guide you;) http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6563414#post6563414
Unable to join again..working on Sat.. This is my big problem :-(

TS go google -> click images -> type Canon. Get a decent canon logo, go measure the dimension of the area where the pentax logo is embedded on. den go photoshop put that size, put black background den drag canon logo in den go sunshine plaza say u wanna print a series of this on sticker. den paste the sticker on ur pentax and tadahh u get ur canon den you use black marker colour the K off and u get ur canon 20D somemore semi-pro body siol better than 550d ><!

And also u just made the swap from pentax to canon at less than 10bucks. its worth the money

TS go google -> click images -> type Canon. Get a decent canon logo, go measure the dimension of the area where the pentax logo is embedded on. den go photoshop put that size, put black background den drag canon logo in den go sunshine plaza say u wanna print a series of this on sticker. den paste the sticker on ur pentax and tadahh u get ur canon den you use black marker colour the K off and u get ur canon 20D somemore semi-pro body siol better than 550d ><!

This is a good idea. i usually do the opposite, i often just gaffer tape the brand on my camera so the brand doesn't matter. It does not exist in the final image, except in the Exif file.

and place a red rubberband around your lens ;)

When bought my A350, the user of 'other brand' tell me that I made a bad decision and they predict that next year (2009) Sony will withdraw from their DSLR business
But now?

When bought my A350, the user of 'other brand' tell me that I made a bad decision and they predict that next year (2009) Sony will withdraw from their DSLR business
But now?

In general, those that feel threatened by superior technology will try to bring you down.

In general, those that feel threatened by superior technology will try to bring you down.

I guess that's why everyone tells me I should sell my Olympus ASAP :bsmilie:

And anyway people who don't know much are always bound to talk crap. When I was buying my camera, everyone told me you can only take nice photos with Canon or Nikon. I was quite tempted to tell some of them... "your photos nice meh???" ;p

When I was buying my camera, everyone told me you can only take nice photos with Canon or Nikon. I was quite tempted to tell some of them... "your photos nice meh???" ;p

Yup, I hear that all the time too. Even people who sell their P, O or S system to buy C and N then all of a sudden feel that their pictures are now much better (they were not...). It's psychological, really.