Pentax or Canon??

Aiya, if you cannot decide between, Canon, Pentax, Nikon, Sony and dunno what else, just buy Olympus and be done with it. :sweat:

sorry, why do you need 7 frames per second?

also, you can do 3d panorama with any camera, from what i gather.

pentax does manufacture affordable lenses. relatively affordable. every brand has some of that.

if you need a nex camera to get a "bokeh easily by turning the rear", then i guess it's better if you stick to simpler, less advanced cameras... just my opinion. might get more joy out of that.
Does my k20 have dis function? Panorama?

I guess everything that can be said has already been said. I seriously wonder why we (myself included) bother to reply to such troll-threads. :dunno:

TS hasn't even posted/replied anything after creating this thread. That says something.

Troll-alert, troll alert. :)
Bro, I didn't reply coz alr fall asleep...lol, n will b overseas for a few days..so don't say I didn't reply..hA;)

TS i almost got a KX after seeingthe wonderful shots that pentax camera produces. In the end, i got a canon not because many has it, or the L lens or "it look more pro". I got it because i had used canon slr when i was young. I should regret not getting a pentax seeing my lousy shots, but did i? Nope. Why? Because even if i get a pentax, Nikon, sony or a FF camera, the person taking the shot remains me. That is the difference, not the brand. So i reckon i should change by learning, not the brand.

Same for you, its not about the brand. Features may be wow to you, but u must think abt whether u need them anot, or are these for marketing purposes.

Last edited:
I guess everything that can be said has already been said. I seriously wonder why we (myself included) bother to reply to such troll-threads. :dunno:

TS hasn't even posted/replied anything after creating this thread. That says something.

Actually, she did reply... see post #52

Hi TS, actually why would you need this array of functions if perhaps you are new to photography? Personally I think that you should continue shooting with your current gear as it is more than enough to get you started with photography and then upgrade perhaps a year or two later, when you are wiser to make better choices.

Pentax make good cameras, so does Canon, Nikon, Sony and Olympus. I like Canon, and I also like mee pok with a hell lot of vinegar. Its all down to personal preference, end of the day, it's your choice, and unless you think that the pentax can no longer serve your needs, then perhaps its time to upgrade, and the next level for Canon would be the 7D or something like that.

Have a good day :)

:eek::bigeyes:
I really think you need to sell your DSLR and get a pro-sumer superzoom PnS with panorama feature.

Or... you can at least put in some effort to learn and get the pictures you want. DSLR gives you the controls and the tools to do everything yourself, so you can get amazing photos which your mind visualizes it. But if you want everything done for you and a feature for everything, get a PnS.

[vid]WoQNL-VsvJA[/vid]

Last edited:

Feels like troll thread. Since I'm bored...I just jump into it to boost the thread count. Haha... :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Feels like troll thread. Since I'm bored...I just jump into it to boost the thread count. Haha... :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

TS did reply, look at post #52 and #63.

TS, i think what u need is not another brand but someone to guide you. Until u finally figure out what your k20 is lacking, then should u consider an upgrade..But if u die die want to get canon, i would suggest u to rent the body and lens 1st so that u wont have regrets later.

TS, i think what u need is not another brand but someone to guide you. Until u finally figure out what your k20 is lacking, then should u consider an upgrade..But if u die die want to get canon, i would suggest u to rent the body and lens 1st so that u wont have regrets later.

K20 is a mid-priced DSLR. The size suits a girl's hand beautifully. The weight is not too heavy and the balance is just right. TS should consider going out and shoot more, then post some of the shots here for review by our seniors here.

Alternatively, do consider attaching yourself with one of our seniors and be mentored by them. E.g. night86mare and DD123 are very good with any camera in their hands. Or you can also consider joining our photography outings organised by our various members. :cool:

K20 is a mid-priced DSLR. The size suits a girl's hand beautifully. The weight is not too heavy and the balance is just right. TS should consider going out and shoot more, then post some of the shots here for review by our seniors here.

Alternatively, do consider attaching yourself with one of our seniors and be mentored by them. E.g. night86mare and DD123 are very good with any camera in their hands. Or you can also consider joining our photography outings organised by our various members. :cool:

Actually she's already asked to join the monthly outing 3 weeks ago...

dunno if this helps...

2 years ago i was choosing my 1st DSLR....my first was a Sony A200...

then i moved on to a second hand Canon 20D...

Then...i finally gotten a Pentax K7..

before i gotten the A200...i actually wanted a pentax...k20 at that time.,..anyways...my choosing process included the following 3 threads on sony, pentax and olympus...mainly because I wanted to be different than the Canikon crowd(although I actually used a canon before...) but also wanted value for money...i didnt quite go for nikon and canon forums because my brother and uncles were using them and I could ask them instead......

Is it worth it?(Sony)

Questions on Olympus

Why a Pentax??

I do however believe..in my opinion...that sometimes its the camera that chooses the owner...I have used Sony CZ lenses...Canon L lenses and somehow..I get more satisfaction using a Pentax..whether it be a classic manual lens...a FA Limited...a DA*....or DA lenses...somehow there is a connection between camera and me...

what matters is to get what you see in your head..into your pictures...
did i off topic suddenly?

Last edited:
dunno if this helps...

2 years ago i was choosing my 1st DSLR....my first was a Sony A200...

then i moved on to a second hand Canon 20D...

Then...i finally gotten a Pentax K7..

before i gotten the A200...i actually wanted a pentax...k20 at that time.,..anyways...my choosing process included the following 3 threads on sony, pentax and olympus...mainly because I wanted to be different than the Canikon crowd(although I actually used a canon before...) but also wanted value for money...i didnt quite go for nikon and canon forums because my brother and uncles were using them and I could ask them instead......

Is it worth it?(Sony)

Questions on Olympus

Why a Pentax??

I do however believe..in my opinion...that sometimes its the camera that chooses the owner...I have used Sony CZ lenses...Canon L lenses and somehow..I get more satisfaction using a Pentax..whether it be a classic manual lens...a FA Limited...a DA*....or DA lenses...somehow there is a connection between camera and me...

did i off topic suddenly?

Nope. You are right on top of the topic.

Thanks for sharing.

It is about finding that connection. I have always been connected to Nikon since my family has been using Nikon since the beginning of time. We had some Contax , Pentax SLRs, and who can forget the first ever AF camera Minolta 7000. We had those, some were sold some were given away. But the Nikons were always there, came in to our family and never left. We are not fan boys btw. We also have some classic models from other brands that never really left us since they came in. Including a Contax RF.

Last edited:
are you just acting dumb or are you trying to be funny?

Nah, TS misunderstood the reply and has serious lack of knowledge in the field. TS first need to know that except sony Nex series to current sony camera, no other camera has this panorama mode or TS refered to as "dis function" which automatically sitch photos taken as you sweep the camera. So the rest of the camera need to stich the photo manually with a photo editing software.

Correct me if I am wrong, but certain PNS like canon Ixus has a stiching program inside the camera.

Last edited:
Nah, TS misunderstood the reply and has serious lack of knowledge in the field. TS first need to know that except sony Nex series to current sony camera, no other camera has this panorama mode or TS refered to as "dis function" which automatically sitch photos taken as you sweep the camera. So the rest of the camera need to stich the photo manually with a photo editing software.

Correct me if I am wrong, but certain PNS like canon Ixus has a stiching program inside the camera.

yup. I think so too. I think TS seriously aren't sure about many things. Instead of losing our cool, we should encourage her to go for the outings where she can learn more.

TS, all talk no action doesnt help as much as hands on, do try to go for more outings. Shooting more and with pros around do help u to understand and learn more new stuff! :thumbsup:

yup. I think so too. I think TS seriously aren't sure about many things. Instead of losing our cool, we should encourage her to go for the outings where she can learn more.

TS, all talk no action doesnt help as much as hands on, do try to go for more outings. Shooting more and with pros around do help u to understand and learn more new stuff! :thumbsup:

not losing cool; but i fear you are giving unnecessary concession because ts is female. cheers.

:eek::bigeyes:
I really think you need to sell your DSLR and get a pro-sumer superzoom PnS with panorama feature.

But if you want everything done for you and a feature for everything, get a PnS.

:thumbsup:

that is what TS should do.

Neither does a Canon or any other DSLR :)
But you certainly can take the photos and do the panorama later with a good program like photoshop.

As mentioned before. Learn about your camera. Take more photos and join the outings.

Go for the outings. The one for Oct is happening soon. Don't even need to tell ppl that you are Dormant (in case ppl :kok: you ):bsmilie:
The Pentaxians outings are always fun, friendly and informative. You yourself have read through at least one of the outing threads, so you know they are a supportive bunch.

Yes, you may have started out wanting a nice big necklace to hang around the neck which is a fashionable thing to do nowadays, but grow beyond that and show that you know how to use it too. ;)