Pentax ist*DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
yanyewkay said:
Looking at all this hype with the *istDs.. it has caught my eye.

I was thinking of getting a D70 but now that you guys keep talking about the *istD and Ds.. i just have a few qns

what is the crop factor of these pentax dslr?
where can i get more info about this camera and the kit lens that comes with it. (if it comes with a kit lens)
and probably the range of lenses that are available for the 2 cams.

Why not get this for your *ist*D? :sweatsm:
331502v.jpg

... if you like this.... YUMMY! YUMMY! :lovegrin:

3315pancake.jpg

If this pancake lens is onsale in sg, I will consider getting one ;p

Spyer2 said:
If this pancake lens is onsale in sg, I will consider getting one ;p

Don't forget to get maple syrup to go with it. :bsmilie:

Thanks for your info. Does your Ds come with a international warranty card? I am interested in Ds too.
Heretix said:
Hey everyone,

I've just returned from Hong Kong with the *istDS, which I purchased from Citicall at Mong Kok (cheaper than Wing Shing), at 6810 HKD, with the kit lens.

So far, I really love this camera, although I wish for more customizability in some of the menu options (e.g, ability to set 'n' number of seconds for self-timer, ability to set longer than 30 seconds exposure from menu, some others).

If you have old Pentax M lenses, don't hestitate to get this camera or the *istD if you're looking for a DSLR, it works really well, and is very easy to get used to. You do lose some features, but it doesn't really matter all that much.

PENTAX MUST PUT THE *istDS SOFTWARE ON THE WEB! I just don't get why they can't put the Pentax software available on th web at all. I was at my friend's place in .hk, and I wanted to show them the pictures I took, but because I didn't bring my CD with me, and I shot in RAW, I couldn't do it. It also dawned on me that is I somehow lose or damage the CD, i'm totally screwed. Dumb policy to not place the software on the web.

waiting for the pancake as well...any1 knows when it will be here? and how much?
cos i need to get the cam even smaller to fit into my bag...or else i will need to get another cam... whihc kind of defeats my purpose in getting the DS.

tiong78 said:
waiting for the pancake as well...any1 knows when it will be here? and how much?
cos i need to get the cam even smaller to fit into my bag...or else i will need to get another cam... whihc kind of defeats my purpose in getting the DS.

According to dpreview, PENTAX will start shipping in FEBRUARY 2005. Amazon japan has already started taking order for it and will start shipping in 20/1/2005 at ¥42,000.

airboy said:
Thanks for your info. Does your Ds come with a international warranty card? I am interested in Ds too.

I think I can go to the local distributor for servicing, even though I purchased my camera from HK, as I think all *istDS have international warranty (correct me if i'm wrong guys/gals).

Heretix said:
I think I can go to the local distributor for servicing, even though I purchased my camera from HK, as I think all *istDS have international warranty (correct me if i'm wrong guys/gals).
It seems J&J in sg is the same pentax distributor as in hk, right? I found from petax usa and uk website that it has international warranty, however you should claim it to local distributor. I just want to make sure. Did you call local distributor? Thanks again.

oeyvind said:
so how much is the ist* DS in SG:?
I bought my ist*DS at S$1310 nett at Sim Lim Square 2 months ago :)

May I know which store you bought it from, and which len kits is it?

My last check with Cathay Photo is S$1250 body alone with GST,
and with len kits 18-55mm cost around S$1500+.

dlcliang said:
May I know which store you bought it from, and which len kits is it?

My last check with Cathay Photo is S$1250 body alone with GST,
and with len kits 18-55mm cost around S$1500+.

Hmm, that's an even better price. I got mine (body only) for S$1260 nett at TK photo over a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.