Pentax ist*DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
k_istDS said:
The DS write speed is pretty fast, I can take continuous shoot up to 8 shoots... but tat also depend on the SD card speed...The LCD and the rest of the functions are great, especially in low light, it can AF quite fast.. bad maybe if the AWB.. quite bluish..maybe is my setting, but I try to shoot along Orchard yesterday night using AWB, rather blue for certain condition.. but Manual WB solve the issue...

I bought mine on the 25th, first day of the Sitek show.. i think i am the first to get hold of one set..they only have 30 units available...if not have to wait till December and heard they will be selling at 1799...

the kit wasn't a great one.. but I would say good enough.. 18-35mm, maybe 16-45 will be better, but still wide enough..depending on your application...

Anymore *ist DS brothers or sisters around.. share your view...

only hear electronic's prices goes one direction all the time...which is down.... seldom hear goes up... wonder wat kind of strategy pentax wanna play....lol

hi all,

Look like there a lot of pantex user here. maybe we can suggest tto the moderator to include a pentex forum. who's on for this idea????

kohweeloon said:
hi all,

Look like there a lot of pantex user here. maybe we can suggest tto the moderator to include a pentex forum. who's on for this idea????

I am in! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kohweeloon said:
hi all,

I'm in too ;) It's good to have our own thread so we can discuss all the pros/cons of our gears and share our ideas/experiences.

Cheers!

I am in. :)
kohweeloon said:
hi all,

As of now 28/11/2004

we have 5 person, still waiting for more

Is there supposed to be some quota we must meet first before it will be created?

In any case, I support the idea. :) I'm in.

I'm in, though there seems to be Pentax threads only when there is an uncoming DSLR.

Are we gonna ask the webmaster to do create the thread or we just vote over here :think: How long it's gonna take anyway?

Better we put our nick names here and see how many Pentax *istD/Ds users (cannot confirm though) here:

CY_OH
fengwei
Heretix
k_istDS
kohweeloon
Spyer2
tiong78
Top Gun

Still a minor group lah :(

But there are plenty of Pentax Film SLR and P&S digital cameras, right?

Cheers!

hi guy

PMed ckiang (moderator) yesterday. he will forward the request to the other mods/admins. will let us know soon.

fengwei said:
Better we put our nick names here and see how many Pentax *istD/Ds users (cannot confirm though) here:

CY_OH
fengwei
Heretix
k_istDS
kohweeloon
Spyer2
tiong78
Top Gun

Still a minor group lah :(

But there are plenty of Pentax Film SLR and P&S digital cameras, right?

Cheers!
I would like to add that I joined the poll in support of having a separate Pentax Forum and I do not have a *ist D or Ds yet. I am a current Pentax film SLR, digital P&S user and former Pentax film P&S user.

anyone saw any thing mentioning DS coming with V.grip? hmm.... seems like none of the reviews site mentioned anything...neither on pentax website too....

kegler said:
anyone saw any thing mentioning DS coming with V.grip? hmm.... seems like none of the reviews site mentioned anything...neither on pentax website too....

Nope :(
So far haven't heard of any vertical grip for DS. maybe 3rd party types will come out soon.

Hey, I strongly agree it seem like it's high time for us (Pentax Users) a forum that we can discuss on Pentax cameras....

:vhappy:

Anymore Pentax's user out there??

add me in, using Pentax P&S camera. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.