PC Wont Boot. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah I am convinced my HDD failed now with all the comments here. Any recommendations of what HDD to get? I have another old PC with a 10 year old HDD with no problem! and this 2 year old one failed. Arrgghh
You got to check your motherboard specification for HD support. Go to this HWZ link to source for new HD. Many people will recommend WD HD due to quiet but I will go for a brand which gives longer waranty period.

try pulling out ur rams and try slot them in one by one..

i had the same problem before the pc just keep rebooting and didn't reach the login page.

Try resetting BIOS/CMOS. Look for 3 pins with a jumper connected to 2 of them. Remove jumper to 'short' the exposed pin then put jumper to its original position.

I do not think its the RAM as I tried pulling out, clean, changing RAM slots, etc.

I really hope that all the photos are retrievable. I am gonna get a new HDD as adviced by all of you here. Somebody mentioned that I can bring my old HDD to the manufacturer as it is less than 5 yrs? Is this true?

I do not think its the RAM as I tried pulling out, clean, changing RAM slots, etc.

I really hope that all the photos are retrievable. I am gonna get a new HDD as adviced by all of you here. Somebody mentioned that I can bring my old HDD to the manufacturer as it is less than 5 yrs? Is this true?

Depend on the warranty period. You can go to the manufacturer website to check.
Do note that the manufacturer will not recover your data.

hmmm,

windows cannot boot up,
1st suspect.
OverClock PC too much.
Not enough power to HD
HD data corrupt.
Ram problem
Bios problem.
Motherboard no battery.

Suggestion,
get a spare HD and install windows. Try under clock ur pc then boot up with spare HD and back up all data first.

Tip: if u suspect its HD failure, and start hearing sounds. Do not use the HD too often as it WILL get worse the more u use it. so plug it out and when u wat to to a back up then connect it to your PC.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.