Panasonic GX80/GX85/GX7 MkII

Ok took the plunge , friend got the GX85 with 12-32 for me from SLS at $980 with 2x16G panasonic SD and 1x original extra batt..for reference... ...

That is cheap, I bought it at $1070 in October, 1 Sandisk Ultra 16gb (which I don't think i'll use) and 2nd (original) battery.

Prepare to have 5 batteries if you plan to go on a trip.

rbz0c1.jpg

That is cheap, I bought it at $1070 in October, 1 Sandisk Ultra 16gb (which I don't think i'll use) and 2nd (original) battery.

Prepare to have 5 batteries if you plan to go on a trip.

rbz0c1.jpg

donno why i seem to keep going back to panasonic(the small cams)..old LX3 then GX1, then GM1 and now GX85... the GX85 doesnt have a ext charger!, but lucky the charger from GX1 seem to fit...haha..i bought it to try out the 5 axis stabilise 4k video ..was aiming for sony a6500 but too ex, i only have 28mmf2 and 50mmf1.8 for my old A7s..so for video i need to buy 10-18 or 16-50 which means >3k to spend, but i have a lot of m43 lens, so m43 for the time being for video.

donno why i seem to keep going back to panasonic(the small cams)..old LX3 then GX1, then GM1 and now GX85... the GX85 doesnt have a ext charger!, but lucky the charger from GX1 seem to fit...haha..i bought it to try out the 5 axis stabilise 4k video ..was aiming for sony a6500 but too ex, i only have 28mmf2 and 50mmf1.8 for my old A7s..so for video i need to buy 10-18 or 16-50 which means >3k to spend, but i have a lot of m43 lens, so m43 for the time being for video.

Buy an external charger from Alan Photo, that Steinzeiser brand, good and cheap, it have a USB out so you can charger 1 battery and the other in the camera. I don't mind the 3rd party brand charger but I prefer original brand batteries.

I bought 'J.B Camera Designs' wooden grip (in Peruvian Walnut) and hotshoe cover for my GX85. I love it.

28kqzck.jpg

2445ibn.jpg

Why would you need 5 batteries?, unless you camp out.

I got 1000 pics daily (on a trip) with 2 batteries....

IMHO, if have to exhaust 3 batteries, then I will miss the main fun of the trip, ie sight seeing and enjoy the trip.... unless it is a specifically photo trip or you are on an assignment.

I have only 2 and maybe going to get one more, just in case and as backup... But I can't see exhausting 3 in a day. Just my opinion only.

I have 6 batteries now. Sometimes going to carshow in abroad I would have used up 3 or 4, then in the night go walk walk or shopping. 6 is good for me on trips abroad alone. Luckily the batteries are not too big physical size.

Just a quick check.

GX85 come with Body-in image stabilization and if i use attach an Olympus lens that has LENS stabilization i can't find Dual stabilization right on GX85 right (only body stabilization)?

So the golden rule is

Panasonic body + Panasonic Lens (OIS) = Dual IS

Same for Olympus body + Olympus lens with stabilization = dual image stabilization

I bought 'J.B Camera Designs' wooden grip (in Peruvian Walnut) and hotshoe cover for my GX85. I love it.

28kqzck.jpg

2445ibn.jpg

where to get, how much is the grip?thanks

Just a quick check.

GX85 come with Body-in image stabilization and if i use attach an Olympus lens that has LENS stabilization i can't find Dual stabilization right on GX85 right (only body stabilization)?

So the golden rule is

Panasonic body + Panasonic Lens (OIS) = Dual IS

Same for Olympus body + Olympus lens with stabilization = dual image stabilization

Yes...

$699 is which model’s lens kit?

What’s the current price for GX-85 lens kit anyone? Thanks.

Promo ended. Now price back to $999.

Thanks for your reply. A very good deal for the GX85 lens kit at 30% discount from the current $999.

I am thinking of the silver JDM model GX7 Mark II, which retailing at ¥75k before tax. That will be slightly less than $900. 2 clarifications which I tried to find on the web but fruitless so far; 1- Does the JDM models have English menu or language option, 2- Will 220v charging be available as Jap using 110v. Thanks.

Yes, the JDM models have English in the language options. I asked the BIC customer service to change it for me. There is an English manual in the box too.