Panasonic GX80/GX85/GX7 MkII

Its official, finally from Panasonic Singapore, announced it in their facebook.
Single lens kit starts from $1,249.

Its official, finally from Panasonic Singapore, announced it in their facebook.
Single lens kit starts from $1,249.

Been selling for a couple of weeks already.

But not sure what freebies are Panasonic offering.

Dear Mr. Wong. Thanks for your's kind advice. I bought a GX85 for myself and is very excited by it's performance now.!

So far so good, first week as an amature photographer. Olympus 40-150 f4.

Last edited:
You can try out the camera at TK Foto. The EVF is abit small in size but I don't see any tearing rainbow effect or soft corner when I tried it last week.

how the evf any tearing rainbow effect? or soft corner?
or any place to test the camera?

Anyone know the range for body-only street price?

Anyone know the range for body-only street price?

No shop has the body only option for now..checked with almost all of them..only with kit lens

Called up Panasonic, insist to refer me to the shops. Persist to get Panasonic themselves to check, they told me there is body only option for GX85 and GX8.... End up call the shops still don't have...

Just checked at Click camera, only with kit lens...

Called up Panasonic, insist to refer me to the shops. Persist to get Panasonic themselves to check, they told me there is body only option for GX85 and GX8.... End up call the shops still don't have...

Panasonic call centre should be in Philippines from the accent of the CS officers. Their knowledge of their products is pathetic. They would tell you the availability of product simply based on whether the item is on their website. GX85 first appeared on their website few months ago but stocks were only available in the store recently. Called them a couple of months ago, they kept telling me it is available and even told me which authorised agents to buy it from (which of course turned out to worng information). Conclusion - just call up any of the camera store to check if you want to find out more about their cameras. AFAIK, gx85 only comes in with 12-32 kit lens version in Singapore. Body only or other lens kit (15mm) options only available in overseas or e-store (like ebay).

Last edited:
Agreed ...

Been on m4/3 with Panny since 2010 with the G2.
Have interacted with Panny on and off since then. Their products are great but their staff and training suck big time. Even had to bang table with their previous customer service team. So no surprise to me that the info you get is 100% wrong. Panny just doesn't focus on cameras in Singapore.

Been on m4/3 with Panny since 2010 with the G2.
Have interacted with Panny on and off since then. Their products are great but their staff and training suck big time.
Agreed

Even had to bang table with their previous customer service team.
My experience with their customer service at Bedok was good when my dials on the GX8 came off a few days after I bought it. They replaced the dials with new ones. Although gotta wait for 1 day to get it done, overall I think so far my experience at customer services at Bedok was a pleasant one ...

So no surprise to me that the info you get is 100% wrong. Panny just doesn't focus on cameras in Singapore.
Yes, unlike my experience with Nikon, the Nikon staff mixed freely with their customers (thru classes and outings) and very knowledgable with their Nikon cameras. Panny's staff (at least for camera) gave me the impression that they do not want to integrate with their customers directly ...

Last edited:
any latest street pricing for gx85?

any latest street pricing for gx85?
You may wish to call the following shops to find out:

Alan Photo - 68830922
TK Foto - 63385905
Cathay Photo - 63380451
SLRR - 63368767
Harven Norman -
Best Denki -
Click -

Let us know what's the best quote you got ?

Cheers

Thanks

Reactions: bousozoku