Panasonic GF1- Help I can't download Raw Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidL1

May 2, 2007
I'm trying to download raw files from my Panasonic GF1 onto my iMac, OSX version 10.5.8. I've downloaded the latest Adobe 5.6 Plug In but still can't download the raw pictures from my GF1. If I shoot in just raw I can see the picture on the camera but nothing downloads if I shoot in raw plus JPEG only the JPEG version downloads. Any advice as to what I am doing wrong would be much appreciated. Is there anyone out there shooting RAW on a Panasonic GF1 who has successfully managed to download Raw files onto their Mac?
Many thanks.

I'm trying to download raw files from my Panasonic GF1 onto my iMac, OSX version 10.5.8. I've downloaded the latest Adobe 5.6 Plug In but still can't download the raw pictures from my GF1. If I shoot in just raw I can see the picture on the camera but nothing downloads if I shoot in raw plus JPEG only the JPEG version downloads. Any advice as to what I am doing wrong would be much appreciated. Is there anyone out there shooting RAW on a Panasonic GF1 who has successfully managed to download Raw files onto their Mac?
Many thanks.

Hi, Mac user here too. (ps. For your info, it's better to upgrade to snow leopard)
Well, I believe what u mean for download is import rite?
Unfortunately, until now iPhoto/aperture still not yet support GF1 RAW.
The Adobe RAW 5.6 only add RAW support for adobe application but not iPhoto/Aperture.

I used to love the features of Aperture for RAW developing, but they still didnt seems to work on it even so many users feedback the same issue. Same thing go for other m4/3 camera RAW too, RAW not yet supported by iPhoto/Aperture.
i
So, for the time being. The options of Applications for RAW developing will be the "SilkyPix" comes along with your GF1, or the "Adobe Lightroom2" (which I am currently using).

Happy RAWing :)

Many thanks for this. I should have mentioned that I am using Adobe CS4. My understanding is that I should be able to import raw files from my GF1 on to my Mac using CS4 with the latest Adobe 5.6 plug in. Am I wrong? Thanks again.

Many thanks for this. I should have mentioned that I am using Adobe CS4. My understanding is that I should be able to import raw files from my GF1 on to my Mac using CS4 with the latest Adobe 5.6 plug in. Am I wrong? Thanks again.

Hmm, I just tried direct open the RW2 file from PSCS4, seems error.
Do u really need to edit RAW at PSCS4? If not, I think Lightroom2 may give a workaround from RW2 to other format.

I've downloaded the 30 day free trial for Lightroom and have been able to open the Raw files from the GF1 with it. i agree that Lightroom seems to be the way to go - more expense. Thank you for all your help.

I've downloaded the 30 day free trial for Lightroom and have been able to open the Raw files from the GF1 with it. i agree that Lightroom seems to be the way to go - more expense. Thank you for all your help.

There's another more further trail version available out there. It's Lightroom3 public beta, free until March 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.