Panasonic DMC-GH5

That's not too bad, since they do give ppl a choice. Read that there's a new firmware just released, see if you can get them to do that also, since you're making the trip down anyway.

yeah. i saw that last night. hopefully can do at 1 go although that firmware is only out on 24th.

Hi all, may I know where can I get to try out the GH5 and make a purchase? I can hardly find a GH4 on sale in the past.

Second batch of GH5 stock has arrived .... buying mine tomorrow ... cheers

How to register the GH5? I tried to use the model listed in box (DC-GH5LGA-K) and tried what's printed on bottom of camera (DC-GH5) both the Panasonic website says

Same problem here ...

anyone here know how to register ?

anyone manage to register e-warranty succsessfully ?

[NB: Every time without fail since GH3, GH4 and now GH5 when I purchased it the e-warranty has no such product ... Panasonic still haven't wake up considering this is already the 2nd shipment of the GH5 but the warranty website still not ready & updated ...]

Thanks

Second batch of GH5 stock has arrived .... buying mine tomorrow ... cheers

Hi Ryan, where will you be purchasing from? How much is the retail price here? Any other offers Panasonic is giving (e.g.. extra battery, V-Log-L etc)? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Ryan

Hi Ryan, where will you be purchasing from? How much is the retail price here? Any other offers Panasonic is giving (e.g.. extra battery, V-Log-L etc)? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Ryan

Hi chooryan,

You can go to any of the camera shops because all of them are selling at $2,699. Just the camera body alone. No frebies.

The only question is whether got stock.

As for the vlog, it was meant for those who pre-registered will get it for free.

Thanks

Ok panasonic website can finally e-warranty the GH5 ... thanks Panasonic ...

Ryan,

Do you have a name of a particular store perhaps, so that I could give them a heads up call? I'm ideally looking for an overnight stop only to grab the body.

Cheers!

Ryan,

Do you have a name of a particular store perhaps, so that I could give them a heads up call? I'm ideally looking for an overnight stop only to grab the body.

Cheers!

Hey Alex,

I just got my unit from M S Color from Ang Mo Kio. Please check with the stock first.
$2699 for body alone. Includes the V-LOG upgrade for free (which Panasonic is supposed to call the customers on/from the 1st of May).

Ryan,

Cheers!

Hi Alex, Perhaps you should goto the shop nearest to the hotel that you're staying. All shops would probably sell at the same price recommended by Panasonic ...

Has anyone not received their vLog upgrade yet? I'm still waiting for the proverbial email/phone call/sms.

Has anyone not received their vLog upgrade yet? I'm still waiting for the proverbial email/phone call/sms.

I also haven't receive any email/phone call/sms yet ...

Dear all,

Can I check how many of you got the pre-order free vlog already? I left a message with Panasonic but no one has contacted me. But I've also not registered the warranty - kept procrastinating. Do I need to register warranty first?

DAK

Dear all,

Can I check how many of you got the pre-order free vlog already? I left a message with Panasonic but no one has contacted me. But I've also not registered the warranty - kept procrastinating. Do I need to register warranty first?

DAK

They called and I got mine around 19th of May if I recall correctly.

Not sure if warranty registration matters, but from what I remembered, Cathay submitted it for me. I only have the receipt. I might be wrong. Anyway, Panasonic Singapore only honors warranty with receipt. With no receipt, unfilled warranty cards are worthless.

The GH4/GH5 vLog is in short supply world wide. From what I understand from speaking with them, they are shipping them in by priority air when ever they have stocks and calling all customers based on first come first serve.

You'd need to bring your camera down to collect the vLog as well as according to them, the earlier batches some customers collect the code and bring home self install, then they come back say didn't work, but when Panasonic Singapore checked the key, they found out the key had been registered to GH4s. Apparently the customer went and registered it on their GH4s to "try" and then claim ignorance about how come the code didn't work and thus they were shorted on the number of available vLog codes by these customers and now they have a strict policy of you having to bring your GH5 down and they install in front of you.

Last edited:
The GH4/GH5 vLog is in short supply world wide. From what I understand from speaking with them, they are shipping them in by priority air when ever they have stocks and calling all customers based on first come first serve.

That's very interesting to hear. Isn't the vlog kit basically a physical card with a unique code? I wonder what would be causing the delay for them to simply generate more codes. Physical products like cameras in short supply, that I understand, but rarely read about software products in short supply, since generating unique codes and getting them printed on cards + the packaging, would be so much simpler compared to manufacturing cameras + lenses.

I just realised there is a lens firmware update for the 12-60mm H-ES12060, the kit lens I bought GH5 with. My GH5 camera body has already been updated to ver1.1, but the lens was as-is at ver1.0.

There is now a lens ver1.1 but the update instructions somehow does not allow update lens from ver1.0 to 1.1, anyone with the same situation knows how to get the lens updated? guidance appreciated.

Panasonic, if you are reading this post.. please please update your IVR system, it is going in a loop and is the most customer unfriendly I have ever come across.

Update: Gone down to Panasonic and updated the lens firmware.