Panasonic DMC-GH5

How to activate the Vlog?

Stated in panasonic fb, free if you buy now till 9
april

Got to go down to Panasonic Bedok to collect the free gift..actually this Vlog is not much use to me. I just use simple video function. I would rather Panasonic give other free gift such as SD II Card. This time round the GH5 is much more expensive than GH4 and the size is also bigger and a lot heavier. In term of body size and weight, it is not a lot of advantages as compared with 5D MK IV. Luckily the lens still quite compact.

Got to go down to Panasonic Bedok to collect the free gift..actually this Vlog is not much use to me. I just use simple video function. I would rather Panasonic give other free gift such as SD II Card. This time round the GH5 is much more expensive than GH4 and the size is also bigger and a lot heavier. In term of body size and weight, it is not a lot of advantages as compared with 5D MK IV. Luckily the lens still quite compact.

Lets be objective. 5D Mk IV is 5 times my G85. 3 times GH5. And for 4K it only does 30p. My G85 that costs 5 times less can also do equivalent or better video. It loses to GH5 which can do 4K60p, unlimited recording. I dont even think thats a good comparison.

i actually preferred the larger body size of the gh5. the small size of mirrorless was never a big selling point for me. i am using the gh5 and g85 to complement my 5ds when i don't need to shoot high resolution stuff for clients.

Lets be objective. 5D Mk IV is 5 times my G85. 3 times GH5. And for 4K it only does 30p. My G85 that costs 5 times less can also do equivalent or better video. It loses to GH5 which can do 4K60p, unlimited recording. I dont even think thats a good comparison.

Everyone emphasis is different and as such with different priority in comparison. I was just hoping the size of GH5 is like GH4 but when I got my set and hold on it, I was shock that it is quite big and heavy.

Hows the low light video and photography for the 4K video? The limit is still hovering around ISO 1600? Or it can go up to ISO 3200 and stay usable?

Hows the low light video and photography for the 4K video? The limit is still hovering around ISO 1600? Or it can go up to ISO 3200 and stay usable?

Can see for yourself...

[video=youtube;Q-JqK5KV0Q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-JqK5KV0Q0[/video]

[video=youtube;BO3LBYMpG60]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO3LBYMpG60[/video]

So, is this GH5 available in Singapore now ? Thanks

So, is this GH5 available in Singapore now ? Thanks

Yes, it is in store right now, not sure the body only set but I bought the 12-60mm kit, not familiar with video but trying to pick up as much as I can before my holiday use, bought this so I don't have to bring DSLR camera and video.

What would be a good accessory to buy for GH5 for a novice user I wanted to have good voice quality as well, didn't want to buy a mic until I know which is a good buy that fits well with GH5. Planning to travel light, so no need rig setup, hoping the dual IS in-body and lens would suffice.

Did some research on mic that may suit my needs, I figured this mic would be what I needed for travel as I don't really need to capture the ambient noise, would buy the dead cat accessory, only learnt what this accessory is called today, lol.

Anyone with info where to get this mic?

Did some research on mic that may suit my needs, I figured this mic would be what I needed for travel as I don't really need to capture the ambient noise, would buy the dead cat accessory, only learnt what this accessory is called today, lol.

Anyone with info where to get this mic?

I have this one..this one will also capture ambient sound. Actually this one also not really very compact and the sound quality I found that to be average when pair with 5D Mk Iv. If I have time I can fit it into my GH5 to let you see the size

If u buy this one, it already comes with dead kitten. Quite solid construction but the rubber ring you better order more as it will just deteriorates in our wheatear

Or if you do not want ambient noise..go for the directional mic such as the videoMic Pro..sound quality not bad.

If u buy this one, it already comes with dead kitten. Quite solid construction but the rubber ring you better order more as it will just deteriorates in our wheatear

TQ for your quick reply and advice, will need to check what is the rubber ring, where did you order this? I am looking at Amazon and it is free shipping, great that it comes with the dead kitten, but so far not showing up what rubber ring to order extra. If can purchase locally that is always my preferred option, else no choice then I'll buy from Amazon.