Panasonic announces GF1 price for Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
The zoom lens kits and the pancake lens kit has the same price in Hong Kong, Just like in U.S

What is Panasonic Singapore trying to do....they're charging more for the pancake kit.

Also the white version is available in Hong Kong...

Looks like im getting one from HongKong instead

The zoom lens kits and the pancake lens kit has the same price in Hong Kong, Just like in U.S

What is Panasonic Singapore trying to do....they're charging more for the pancake kit.

Also the white version is available in Hong Kong...

Looks like im getting one from HongKong instead

yes, i know singapore is small but it's sad to see that the singapore market is always regarded as "2nd class" by manufacturers.

based on exchange rate now, i could fly to HK to buy it and back and still cost's roughly the same as buying locally.

anyway, i got a question.
do any of you know if panasonic singapore would repair non-local/export sets? (at a fee of course)

yes, i know singapore is small but it's sad to see that the singapore market is always regarded as "2nd class" by manufacturers.

based on exchange rate now, i could fly to HK to buy it and back and still cost's roughly the same as buying locally.

do any of you know if panasonic singapore would repair non-local/export sets? (at a fee of course)

really arh? i got a friend flying out end of this week. hmmm... :think:

I dun think the price in HK is so attractive until it can include airfare and hotel stay as well?

I dun think the price in HK is so attractive until it can include airfare and hotel stay as well?

you are right, it can't include your hotel stay of course. but considering the exchange rate and prices there, it could be about S$300+ cheaper than buying locally, and that's the cost of a budget air tix there and back.

Would there be anyone organising any mass orders for GF1?

Sorry if it's been mentioned before but do hope to save alittle here and there.

Anyone heard yet when the GF1 will be out? Seems that its readily available in the other popular overseas markets.

Anyone heard yet when the GF1 will be out? Seems that its readily available in the other popular overseas markets.

MSColor advised me today that it will be available end this mth.

When will it be out in Singapore?
Why we always so late?
I thought Singapore is the busiest port in ASIA?

Is that still true? Anyway, even if it is true, busy port but doesn't mean that stock come is for us mah,like postman also get his bills,wedding invites and everything in form of letters,but although he deals with letters everyday,still have to sort and check everything in the post office before being delivered mah,Singapore a busy port,but other countries maybe ordered first or prioritize first than Singapore a later date

why singapore is so slow? think we gotta ask panasonic singapore.

Called Panasonic yesterday. Was told it will be available mid-Oct.

When will it be out in Singapore?
Why we always so late?

As you already said, busiest port...so takes more time to sort out the cargo...

Called Panasonic yesterday. Was told it will be available mid-Oct.

That's what I got as well. But MSC said end of mth.

Probably big stores will get them first, followed by smaller shops...

Agree with you. But I rather they bundle the EVF into the package as an added option rather then selling it separately.

I've tried the EVF and am quite disappointed with it... feels like looking at 1990s security camera screens.

Though otherwise, the GF1 is a pretty "fast" camera for it's size and class. Can shoot abbout 5 raws before buffer fill, AF is damn fast if not even faster than some D-SLRs.

Sorry har, super noob question. which lens kit would you go for and why har? what are the considerations? Plan is to have the GF1 as sort of like an "everyday" cam, i.e. carry everywhere and take pics of whatever interesting.

I noticed many are favoring the 20mm pancake for its fast speed, but will you miss the zoom? I assume most of those favoring the 20mm has a full dSLR system so the GF1 is meant to supplement as a PnS?

I think will be out soon. It's just a camera but they probably need time to set up the marcomms.

I may avoid the initial 'rush' to buy to see what Oly comes up with. If they can also do a m4/3s 14-54mkII that would be very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.