Panasonic announces GF1 price for Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimtong

May 8, 2002
Singapore
jimmyto.ng
Came across this from cnet today. Thought of sharing this news...

When Panasonic unveiled its third Micro Four Thirds camera, the Lumix DMC-GF1, three weeks ago, it was seen as the direct competitor to the Olympus E-P1. Both shooters have very similar size and specifications, with the exception of some features such as onboard flash and creative filter modes.

While the US pricing for the GF1 was available at its announcement, the Asian pricing was made known only today. The camera will be sold in two different bundles in Singapore--with the 14-45mm zoom lens or the 20mm F1.7 pancake optics, for S$1,299 (US$917.70) and S$1,499 (US$1,058.99), respectively. For now, the company has no plans to sell just the camera body alone.

With regards to the optional electronic Live View Finder add-on, Panasonic was not able to confirm its price. However, at an earlier meeting with the firm's representatives, we were told that this attachment will cost around S$300 (US$211.94).

We were also informed that the white version of GF1 won't be available in Singapore for the time being. Shutterbugs in other Asia regions will have to check with their local Panasonic offices if they are interested in this color variation.

The GF1 is already on retail shelves in Japan. Singapore and other Asia regions can expect it some time in October.

Source http://asia.cnet.com/crave/2009/09/24/panasonic-announces-gf1-price-for-singapore/

Price is targetting at DSLR users getting a 2nd cam rather than 1st time cam buyer...

About same as EP1...

Agree with you. But I rather they bundle the EVF into the package as an added option rather then selling it separately.

Not sure why no dual lens bundle. I believe there will be interested parties.

:bigeyes::faint: omfg, I cannot imagine how much the twin kit lens bundle for the GF1 will cost...

If it doesn't exceed the price of a GH-1, why not? :p I do prefer a dual lens bundle.

If it doesn't exceed the price of a GH-1, why not? :p I do prefer a dual lens bundle.

I think eventually will have twin lens bundle. Maybe for the time being has to cope with production quantity as demand is extremely high for now.

But do hope it will happen in the month of October.

Hopefully by oct ep2 will be announced too. Hee hee. Will be an interesting month.

Do you guy know that GF1 come in white colour as well???

Just in case u guy are not aware... ignore if it has being discussed.

everytime no sell lens alone de. must tompang those that wants only body or those getting the twin lens kit (if got)
I WANT THE PANCAKE LENS!!!!

everytime no sell lens alone de. must tompang those that wants only body or those getting the twin lens kit (if got)
I WANT THE PANCAKE LENS!!!!

why not a pancake with 14mm.. :cry:

Ah at least roughly similiar pricing to the EP-1. Will not rush to buy yet even though I'm tempted, waiting to see what the rumoured EP-2 will be like - if it comes out on 31st Oct. But the 31st Oct could be enhanced E-3 instead

Ah at least roughly similiar pricing to the EP-1. Will not rush to buy yet even though I'm tempted, waiting to see what the rumoured EP-2 will be like - if it comes out on 31st Oct. But the 31st Oct could be enhanced E-3 instead

As for me, it's because of the ID-Battery things that hold me back as of now till the next EP-1, EP-2??...or whatever name it may be...:bsmilie: As I've mentioned it before that I'm not in a hurry cos already plenty of gears for me to 'play' with liao:)

anyone hear or knows where to find/try 7-14 lumix?

Wonder if the GF1 LVF can work with EP-1?

LVF definite no no.Cause there's an extra plug which is not present on the E-P1

aiya sigh.....was hoping it works due to its practical design & definitely performs better than the Oly's VF.
Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.